79th Golden Globes

JNHFan2000

38 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I didn't like NTTD when I first heard it but it's grown on me a lot. Nothing will beat Skyfall easily, and YNMN is also really good (a tad OTT for me), but this isn't a bad one.

I really like NTTD but Skyfall is easily the best I agree.

I mean they fit the tone of the character in the Craig era I guess but it's like.... Bond songs don't have to be miserable portentous sounding slogs.

Admittedly the Quantum one doesn't fit that criticism but I think we all agreed to pretend that song doesn't exist anyway (I say this as a big fan of Jack White).

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

Shirley Bassey is Bond.

The "disco" version, of MOONRAKER.

M'lud, the case for the prosecution rests :)

Another Way To Die has, like the film that it accompanies, grown on me, over the last...what...13?...years. At least it's better than the new one, and that dreadful cat-strangling Skyfall nonsense.

If only the proposed Arnold/Winehouse collaboration had happened.

I was a Proggy back then and didn't know there was a disco version. A sad disco version nonetheless! That was the thing Disco had over Funk. Disco could be sad as well as happy. 

I really liked You Know My Name and Another Way to Die. 

Skyfall was kind of lame. The melody in the chorus was like a stripped down line taken from Diamonds are Forever. But the worst was this Spectre song.

The Billie Eilish song is ok, but unexciting.

26 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Admittedly the Quantum one doesn't fit that criticism but I think we all agreed to pretend that song doesn't exist anyway (I say this as a big fan of Jack White).

The first step in the right direction is to acknowledge that it exists but that it's rubbish. We should acknowledge that our favourite artists produce rubbish occasionally.

Cornell's and Adele's are CraigBond's best songs.

Another Way To Die is, erm, yeah. Writing's On The Wall starts promisingly with the orchestra suggesting we're in for a bit of Barryesque splendour, then Smith's awful balls-in-a-vice warbly bullshit kicks in and the notion is soon dissipated. As for No Time To Die ... well, in a saner world than ours the sullen and mumbly 19 year old with hair that looks like a highlighter pen has leaked all over it at a studio would be the intern who does the coffee runs, not the artist.   

45 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

As for No Time To Die ... well, in a saner world than ours the sullen and mumbly 19 year old with hair that looks like a highlighter pen has leaked all over it at a studio would be the intern who does the coffee runs, not the artist.   

It wasn’t enough just to say: I don’t like it. You needed to be an asshole. Well, good job. 

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh man, I love Chris Cornell's You Know My Name!

That one is among my favourite songs in the Bond franchise. Also I like a lot Adele's Skyfall.

About Hans getting a golden globe for Dune's score... Well, I don’t care. I don't like much his composition but these are the golden globes.