The Killer - New David Fincher movie for Netflix

Edmilson

Fincher's partnership with Netflix will continue with the upcoming The Killer, which will star Michael Fassbender and will have a script by Se7en's Andrew Kevin Walker.

David Fincher’s “The Killer” is one of next year’s most anticipated films for fans of the director — and the movie’s trifecta on offer: Fincher directs Michael Fassbender as a contract killer, with “Seven” screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker returning, and cinematography from Erik Messerschmidt, the Oscar-winning DP of Fincher’s “Mank.” News first broke in February that Fincher would follow “Mank” with this adaptation of Alexis Nolent’s graphic novel series of the same name, about a killer-for-hire who experiences a psychological crisis. Though production is still underway in Paris, Netflix film chief Scott Stuber recently teased the movie to Variety in a wide-ranging conversation about Netflix’s upcoming slate.

“I’m so excited about it,” Stuber said. “[Fassbender is] charming and great-looking and funny and all these things that you want him to have chances to show in film. He’s a giant star ready to explode in the world, and he’s just looking for those parts that can take advantage of who he is as a person. Opportunistically you see what David has done with talent throughout his career, and how he constantly elevates people to do their best work. The combination of those two we’re really excited about. It’s David working with Andrew Kevin Walker again for the first time in a long time [since ‘Seven’]. It’s a really provocative and interesting movie. He’s just in the midst of shooting it right now.”

Along with “Mank,” Fincher has maintained a relationship with Netflix with “Mindhunter,” the two-season series starring Jonathan Groff as an FBI criminal profiling on the advent of classifying serial killers.

Stuebr continued, “‘The Killer’ is based on a graphic novel and it is about someone who is a contract killer and the methodology of that world and what he does, which David does detail better than anyone. He’s so good in the detail of method, of watching something unfold. Seeing that early stages of what he does, and something goes awry which then affects him personal. It’s a really fun, big movie in the hands of one of the best filmmakers, and someone we’re really lucky to have a relationship with.”

Fincher’s last directorial feature was Netflix’s “Mank.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/12/david-fincher-the-killer-netflix-film-michael-fassbender-1234686267/

He used to be. As I've said elsewhere, I haven't been as enamoured with his post-PANIC ROOM films. With some exceptions -- like THE SOCIAL NETWORK and GONE GIRL.

But I still consider him one of my top 10 favourite directors, so I -- too -- look forward to anything he does. For a second there, before I noticed the missing 's', I thought it was yet another remake of THE KILLERS (the 60s one had a Williams score, as you all know).  I could see him do that. But this sounds intriguing too.

Seven wouldn't even make my top 5.  I love Gone Girl and Zodiac, and Benjamin Button is very underrated.

Fincher doing a melancholy lone assassin movie sounds super dull and played out though.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is truly awful! The worst of his that I've seen...

Gone Girl is alright and The Social Network is very good, though I find it baffling that it's so frequently listed among the best films of the 21st century.

Gone Girl is a great movie. Fincher's second best this century, behind only Zodiac.

Benjamin Button is pretty good, Panic Room is forgettable and The Social Network... Well, I really need to re-watch this one, as I was quite young when I saw it. It's already on my HBOMAX list.

I tell you what's forgettable, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but that's actually a good thing. You forget it and so everything is new when you watch it again.

11 hours ago, Alex said:

I just want him to make more Mindhunter

I certainly hope so. An excellent crossover between David Fincher and Mad Men. What's not to like?