James Horner's FIELD OF DREAMS (1989) - 2-CD La La Land edition (2022)

Jay

Is this for Lala land? That design has Jim Titus all over it lol.

Terrific news. Wonder how much unreleased/alternate cues this will have. The ost seemed to have most of the music heard in the film.

The really interesting thing about this release is that the OST album was released by Novus Records, a defunct label now controlled by Sony Music.

So, this could be one of the two Sony Music titles MV mentioned they had in the works in February 2019 when that infamous letter went out

Whether it is or it it not, this is LLL's first Sony Music title since The Thin Red Line in February 2019!

The only other special label / Sony Music collabs I know about that have been released since then, are Intrada's Legends of the Fall expansion and Mondo's Hook OST reissue.

21 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

More?

It's probably a collection of cues on one disc - I.e. a c + c presentation- and the ost on two.

I hope to be proven wrong

Then just keep your OST perhaps?

I guess this is one of the 'two huge' titles that didn't make it in time for BF? Given the timing it must've missed it by a hair.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Then just keep your OST perhaps?

I guess this is one of the 'two huge' titles that didn't make it in time for BF? Given the timing it must've missed it by a hair.

That's the thing, I don't have the ost.

I have been waiting for the special edition I was sure was coming.

But . not keen on spending thirty dollars or more.

I can get a used copy of the ost for five bucks.

Btw i predicted some greater titles would be released AFTER BF!😁

1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

Two discs?!😒

Yeah, Superman, double jeopardy.

18 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

@Richard Penna

I hope you enjoyed his lesson in gaslighting :lol:

#Flame is the game, the game we call "gaslighting Marshall# :)

i think Field of Dreams is one of those 'perfectly' scored films.  and this is easily my favorite cue/theme from the film.  i hate to sound trite and call it hauntingly beautiful...but is it anything other than that?

I think there will be several alternative tracks (but I may be wrong).

Why do I think this?
- In an interview, James Horner talks about an alternative version with Irish colors of "The Library".
- In the interview with Phil Alden Robinson for the book, he tells that he asked for a new version of the second part of "Deciding To Build The Field"
- As some of you have already pointed out, Field of Dreams is part of the improvised scores on the picture in the presence of the director (except of course the orchestral parts).
- There may also be the single arranged by Jay Gruska (who I also interviewed for the book).

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Indianagirl said:

I don't think I've ever heard this score or seen this movie. Is it worth a blind buy?

Well, it's on the AFi 250 best film scores list, you should give a try...

Screenshot_20220103-214030_Chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

E.T. isn't in the top 20 so this list can't be taken seriously. Now it's a Horner score so it's definitly worth listening

The list is in ALPHABETICAL order.

Geez😒

Field of Dreams is a beautiful score.

The Place Where Dreams Come True is an amazing cue. Such a great piece of music.

Long cues like that is what Horner excelled in. Great stuff.

17 hours ago, Indianagirl said:

I don't think I've ever heard this score or seen this movie. Is it worth a blind buy?

I say "Yes". But it's also not very hard to find on YouTube if you want to test drive.

11 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

E.T. isn't in the top 20 so this list can't be taken seriously. Now it's a Horner score so it's definitly worth listening

This is just a hint...

Then Field of Dreams got a nomination for an Oscar and a nomination for a Grammy.