Roger Feigelson announces a Williams title is coming from Intrada in 2022

Jay

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Composer line up for 2022 (partial) And in no particular order: James Horner, James Horner, James Horner,

That's a lot of Horners! We Horner fans are going to have a great 2022!

I have no idea either!  It's fun to speculate.

SpaceCamp?

Cinderella Liberty?

How to Steal A Million?

Bachelor Flat?

Amazing Stories?

Jaws?

Jaws 2?

Nixon?

The Patriot?

If they’d be able to license an older unknown gem like The Secret Ways from 1961 (as discussed in another thread), then that’d really be something!

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

Cinderella Liberty?

How to Steal A Million?

Bachelor Flat?

Any of these, I’d be more than happy.

Nixon or The Patriot too, I guess.

Rare Breed, Story of a Woman and Sugarland Express are off limits for the moment right? Witches of Eastwick is waiting for the Perseverance Records to sell out. Hhhmmm I feel like Catch Me If You Can and The Terminal would come from lalaland, not to say they can't come from Intrada though. I'm going to put my money on either SpaceCamp or The Patriot.

1 hour ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Rare Breed, Story of a Woman and Sugarland Express are off limits for the moment right? Witches of Eastwick is waiting for the Perseverance Records to sell out. Hhhmmm I feel like Catch Me If You Can and The Terminal would come from lalaland, not to say they can't come from Intrada though. I'm going to put my money on either SpaceCamp or The Patriot.

I'm betting on CMIYC and Amistad expansions from LLL this year, for the 20th and 25th Anniversaries respectively. Maybe Hook too, if indeed they had planned a 30th anniversary release that got held up by approvals.

Yes I know very few releases are actually tied to anniversaries anymore, but it's John's 90th birthday after all! I hope this is a year for the books...

9 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Why do we need these?

Aren't the previous editions complete?

JAWS 2 is not quite complete. It's missing a couple of source cues, although I think that it's explained in the booklet notes why they were not included.

A C&C THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST and/or J.F.K. would send me into the stratosphere.

In my wishlist would be definitely titles that I don't have yet any edition like

• Midway
  • The Patriot
  • The Reivers

My favorite expansion would still be Catch Me If You Can

But as I said, I am looking forward to anything. All recent Williams releases were great.

Waiting for a proper release of Hook for over thirty years feels like you're in a particularly cruel production of Waiting for Godot.

Aside from that, does anyone know why the labels tease in this way, with composer names but not titles until nearer the event? I'm quite naive in PR/advertising matters, but wouldn't people like us be getting more excited if we knew exactly what was coming, or do they find they stoke more excitement this way?

Mark

1 minute ago, QuartalHarmony said:

but wouldn't people like us be getting more excited if we knew exactly what was coming

Oh yes we would. And we'd keep badgering them every single day "When's this JW title coming already?". And then we'd be even more pissed off when it'd keep getting delayed because of dumbass approval things and keep on badgering them.

2 minutes ago, QuartalHarmony said:

Waiting for a proper release of Hook for over thirty years feels like you're in a particularly cruel production of Waiting for Godot.

We've had a very good OST for over 30 years.

I think every label is aiming for a February releases or at least as a start as his 90th Birthday Anniversary commences. I'm sure, LLL, Intrada, Varese , Quartet etc will continue that celeberation through out the year. Now it upto Disney, Philips, Sony and other labels to do their bit and surprise us.!

1 hour ago, QuartalHarmony said:

Aside from that, does anyone know why the labels tease in this way, with composer names but not titles until nearer the event? I'm quite naive in PR/advertising matters, but wouldn't people like us be getting more excited if we knew exactly what was coming, or do they find they stoke more excitement this way?

Mark

I think it's basically what you said, but also they can't risk revealing actual titles way before they come out. Not enough certainty that they'll come out.

1 hour ago, Amer said:

I think every label is aiming for a February releases or at least as a start as his 90th Birthday Anniversary commences. I'm sure, LLL, Intrada, Varese , Quartet etc will continue that celeberation through out the year. Now it upto Disney, Philips, Sony and other labels to do their bit and surprise us.!

In February the 21 CD Philipps box comes out plus the BPO concert plus probably some expansion. I think, I should take a week off to be able to listen to all this stuff.

I believe it will be either SpaceCamp or Cinderella Liberty, given the trend of tackling scores from the 70's (11 expansions since 2017) and 80's (4 expansions since 2017).  Better to prioritize scores from this era than say the 90's or 00's before elements deteriorate beyond repair IMO.  And also since Intrada has released these in OST form already.  I missed out on CL and while I have SC, I'd love to have it C&C.

What's even missing from Cinderella Liberty? Isn't the existing album mostly just source music, jazz covers and songs?

I don't recall there being many orchestral/score tracks.

9 hours ago, crypto said:

What's even missing from Cinderella Liberty? Isn't the existing album mostly just source music, jazz covers and songs?

I don't recall there being many orchestral/score tracks.

The Intrada has been out of print for years.  I'd love to own it myself.  Not saying it should take precedence over a new expansion, but it'd be nice to see a reissue nonetheless.

I mean just look at these secondary market prices.  Somebody wants 240 USD for a single disc half-hour soundtrack release!

image.png

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3445149?ev=rb

I've never seen Cinderella Liberty, so I don't know how much music is in the film that isn't on the OST album, nor what it might sound like.

The film is 2 hours long and the OST album is 34 minutes, so there's bound to be some interesting music in there that isn't on it.

Plus, who knows what got recorded that didn't end up in the film or on the OST album.

It's a 20th Century Fox/Studios film, so if elements can even be found in their vaults to expand it, any label could do so.

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've never seen Cinderella Liberty, so I don't know how much music is in the film that isn't on the OST album, nor what it might sound like.

The SABAM Repertoire database has some exact timings for music in the film, adding up to about 42 minutes, so not terribly much for a 2-hour film.

If I understand correctly, looks like there’s 14:36 based around ‘Nice To Have Be Around’, 7:46 with ‘Wednesday Special’, and 19:54 of other John Williams scoring:

6D62F7A9-83FC-4EE6-87B5-322FB6CEA40F.png

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The film is 2 hours long and the OST album is 34 minutes, so there's bound to be some interesting music in there that isn't on it.

The complete isolated score is around 47 minutes, but just browsing through it, it mostly plays as source cues. 

18 minutes ago, Henry Sítrónu said:

3x Horner sounds great, too! I'm hoping for Sneakers. And the complete score from The Perfect Storm has been floating around for ages, it's time for a proper release :)

Isn't the ost seventy five minutes?!😗😙😳

2 hours ago, Joe Brausam said:

I just want to see any of the Oliver Stone titles at the point.  

I think we are getting SPACE CAMP.or TIBET

12 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Isn't the ost seventy five minutes?!😗😙😳

Perfect Storm? yes. But the complete score is 107 minutes, plus over 30 minutes alternates. At least that's what is floating around. (: