John Williams 90th Birthday Gala Concert at The Kennedy Center, Washington DC, June 23rd 2022

Jay

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It was performed LTP with the short film, so no. 

And the end credits were not shown, so the end credit music was not performed.

On 24/06/2022 at 12:27 PM, thx99 said:

Totally agree!!! It was absolutely stunning!! I think it was the Army Bugle Corps actually(?). 

So, my Dad (who still gets newspapers, bless him) saved me the review of this concert from the Washington Post.  It was the U.S. Army Herald Trumpets, per the article.

Thank you all for posting these pics and reviews. We're traveling for next month's concert at Tanglewood. I know it won't be as fancy but it should still be excellent!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Andy said:

Not half as disappointed as I am in myself!:lol:  I did make a cake of my daughter’s favorite cat a year ago.  

IMG_2914.jpeg

Oh wow, you have redeemed yourself! But please tell me there's not a real cat inside...

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Not half as disappointed as I am in myself!:lol:  I did make a cake of my daughter’s favorite cat a year ago.  

IMG_2914.jpeg

But I have to respect those extreme cake bakers.  Have you seen the “hyperealistic cakes” of everyday foods or objects that look absolutely real but are cake?  This lady does incredible work. 

...and that's how Bruce got dementia.

11 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But I have to respect those extreme cake bakers.  Have you seen the “hyperealistic cakes” of everyday foods or objects that look absolutely real but are cake?  This lady does incredible work. 

Who would want to eat Bruce Willis’ head?

Can you imagine some weirdo Willis fanatic/serial killer saying, “Please make a Bruce Willis head from Die Hard cake.”

Hope no one will make a John Williams head cake. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well, now I cannot imagine life without ever having a JW head cake.  

Reverse psychology. Works every time. 

Thank you!  No the whiskers were made of fishing line.  Every thing else was either cake, modeling chocolate , and rice cereal treats. IMG_2970.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Andy said:

Thank you!  No the whiskers were made of fishing line.  Every thing else was either cake, modeling chocolate , and rice cereal treats. IMG_2970.jpeg

The best thing about this cake is that you get to eat it nine times.