The Brilliance of John Williams Belfast Concert - 29th Jan 2022

mahler3

58 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Hymn to the Fallen with choir or without? No choir is mentioned in the anouncement. And it is the only piece with choir. So, I was wondering.

Hi! No choir, the brass chorus with strings and percussion works tremendously well.

Belfast resident here ... have been to other Williams concerts by the UO and thoroughly enjoyed them, but the thing that makes me reluctant about buying a ticket for this one is that I've already had word that 2 events that I was due to go to this month have been postponed (and I keep seeing announcements in my Facebook newsfeed about postponements of just about every live event that was due to happen in the Waterfront and Ulster Halls this month) due to 'Covid uncertainties' and I'm basically afraid of the same thing happening with this. 

Might make my way up from Dublin to attend - what a great program!! Been to a few Williams concerts here (often advertised as a Williams vs. Zimmer night :lol:), but they've never done Terminal, Ryan, Eastwick, Fiddler or Hook from my recollection- which is a real shame.

5 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Belfast resident here ... have been to other Williams concerts by the UO and thoroughly enjoyed them, but the thing that makes me reluctant about buying a ticket for this one is that I've already had word that 2 events that I was due to go to this month have been postponed (and I keep seeing announcements in my Facebook newsfeed about postponements of just about every live event that was due to happen in the Waterfront and Ulster Halls this month) due to 'Covid uncertainties' and I'm basically afraid of the same thing happening with this. 

Hi 👋! True there is always that risk but your tickets will remain valid for any rescheduling.

Hopefully see you there! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks SS for your kind words and cheers Jason for the interest. Here’s a clip from final rehearsals (ET) and then a short clip from the live show featuring our Ken Wannberg dedication. Apologies for the ropey video!

There will be two concerts in Dublin later this month with an even better programme. I’ll create a new post topic about it though.