Which releases will we get in conjunction with JW's 90th birthday?

Jurassic Shark

As we know, Intrada already has a title in pipeline but they have no control over the approvals so it does not neccesarily have to have the same birthday timeline. 

Im sure besides Intrada, Varese, LLL, Quartet will have some titles eventually through out the year.

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The 60s scores have been out of print for a while, perheps we'll get a box of some of these?

That would be nice. Except for Heidi and The Reivers I have non of them in my collection yet.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a previously unreleased score. PETE'N'TILLIE was the last one a couple of years ago, and before that we have to go back a decade to NIGHTWATCH from FSM. So for someone like me, who's totally uninterested in expanded releases or reissues of existing scores, I haven't really been spoiled by releases of that kind. A 90th birthday celebration would be a good opportunity to surprise us!

The Secret Ways would be an amazing surprise, but I think Mike recently said he wasn't aware of the existence of any elements. Not a promising sign.

I guess the Bluray release of Story of a Woman won't have any bearing on that score being released, as the elements were already found and transferred years ago (and the release was still vetoed).

I wonder if a future 4K remaster of Sugarland Express might finally convince Williams to approve a release of that score?

14 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Quartet will probably reissue its Heidi and Tow Sawyer expansions.

I really see LLL releasing Amistad 25th anniversary as it's landing in february on HBOMax and later in 4K

I'd get both Heidi and Tom Sawyer - the latter only for the additional music by JW, as I find the musical to be very grating.

Me too, I came to late for both.

As for Intrada I'm really interrested also by a reissue of Cinderella Liberty as it's one of the few Williams I don't have

Quartet might also come around some oldly released score like The Paper Chase or Valley of the Dolls which both needs a sound improvement

6 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Quartet might also come around some oldly released score like The Paper Chase or Valley of the Dolls which both needs a sound improvement

I think Mike said back in 2019 he would approach Fox about Valley of the Dolls after the Disney acquisition settled. Fingers crossed it's been long enough!

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

New ASM album with the new violin concert and some more violin arrangements

What's the latest news about this? Anything official?

14 minutes ago, carlborg said:

What's the latest news about this? Anything official?

Seems not. On the Deutsche Gramophon web site they list for Williams' birthday just the Berlin concert and the Decca box. No word about upcoming release of the violin concerto.

11 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Seems not. On the Deutsche Gramophon web site they list for Williams' birthday just the Berlin concert and the Decca box. No word about upcoming release of the violin concerto.

They wrote it will be released this year though. Most likely in the summer.

5 hours ago, crypto said:

Wouldn't it be nice if Lucasfilm/Disney finally joined the party and released ANY expansions for the 13 Williams scores they own?

I believe in this, especially since we'll celebrate the 45th Anniversary of Star Wars this year...!

Hmm, I don’t recall seeing one of the usual anniversary posts this year. In case any upcoming releases are going to coincide with an anniversary, here’s the ones for 2022, skipping the ones that already have satisfactory expansions:

45th Anniversary

Star Wars (1977)

35th Anniversary

The Witches of Eastwick (1987)

25th Anniversary

Seven Years In Tibet (1997)

Amistad (1997)

20th Anniversary

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002)

Catch Me If You Can (2002)

10th Anniversary

Lincoln (2012)

Which releases will we get in conjunction with JW's 90th birthday?

From the major labels:

1. January 21: Complete Philips Recordings
  2. Feb 4: The Berlin Concert
  3. Undated: a new album featuring Yo Yo Ma
  4. Undated: a second Mutter/Williams collaboration album
  5. November 18 or 25: The Fabelmans OST album

From the specialty labels:

• TBD.

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

From the major labels:

1. January 21: Complete Philips Recordings
  2. Feb 4: The Berlin Concert
  3. Feb 8: Star Wars Collection (1CD demastered featuring a selection of themes from the Star Wars movies)
  4. April 24: Hook (3CD set expanded edition) by Sony Classical for John Williams birthday
  5. Undated: a new album featuring Yo Yo Ma
  6. Undated: a second Mutter/Williams collaboration album
  7. November 18 or 25: The Fabelmans OST album

From the specialty labels:

• TBD

Fixed ;)