Which music streaming service(s) do you subscribe to?

Jurassic Shark

Careful.

I'm subscribed to Spotify but been looking into my options this week for... reasons. To hell with Amazon, Apple and Google in general, to hell with Qobuz for not allowing me to join them, to hell with Deezer for not even having the first 2 bands I searched for and the web player being immediately broken as I was trying it out. Seems I'm stuck with the current bad guys.

None. I'm probably the closest I've ever been to being interested in subscribing to one of them; I've been feeling the urge to try more music outside the world of film scores. But so far I've been assuaging that desire with album purchases.

On 30/01/2022 at 1:28 PM, Holko said:

Careful.

I'm subscribed to Spotify but been looking into my options this week for... reasons. To hell with Amazon, Apple and Google in general, to hell with Qobuz for not allowing me to join them, to hell with Deezer for not even having the first 2 bands I searched for and the web player being immediately broken as I was trying it out. Seems I'm stuck with the current bad guys.

Tidal seems to be fine!

I feel like this question has come up a lot on the forum but whatever:

I use Youtube Music because Youtube Premium includes both the music streaming service and overall ad-free Youtube.  I couldn't possibly care less about having lossless audio streaming.  Anyway the majority of my music listening is via the digital audio files I own, not streaming.

On 30/01/2022 at 3:22 PM, Edmilson said:

I use just Spotify, but I'm not a subscriber. I'm already subscribed to too many streaming services and I don't have deep pockets.

I've used free spotify for years but at one point I caved in for 3 months Tidal for free, which I enjoyed for the more audiophile quality, but it was rather expensive. I then discovered Amazon Music has the same high quality but at half the price of Tidal. Jeff Bezos all the way!

PS: Tidal's catalogue is bigger though ...