Mola Ram's Theme

Romão

I not very familiar with the unreleased portions of the Temple of Doom, but I read in aarticle, by John Takis I believe, about the complete score of TOD, and he said that in the oficial cd, the only track that contains statements of Mola Ram's theme is in track 10, The Mine Car Chase. Could please someone point it out where exactly in this track Mola Ram's theme can be heard?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll first hear some variations on it at [0:10-0:17], then later at [2:09-2:11] and [2:18-2:21]. This is not the COMPLETE version of the theme as heard in the "Trek to Pankot Palace."

In my article, I define the themes thusly:

"Williams gives us a darker, Wagnerian theme for the sinister palace and its grotesque chief priest, Mola Ram."

and

"Williams composed strikingly powerful march for the temple and the enslaved children occupying it. This theme takes a key place at the musical heart of the score..."

The latter theme forms the basis for "Parade of the Slave Children."

As far as I can recall, the former theme serves two purposes in the film: exterior shots of the Palace, and as a specific motif for Mola Ram (during the mine car chase and the final bridge confrontation, for example) ... much in the same way that the Imperial March is Vader's Theme, but is also used for place-setting shots of Star Destroyers and Death Star II.

YOU BETRAYED SHEEBA!!!!!

Actually, it's "Shiva." Let's try and keep our deities straight, m'kay? :)

-- John Takis

==============

"Help me, Jeebus!"

-- Homer J. Simpson

==============