JW Conference 2022

Molly Weasley

This would actually be right up my alley. In fact, I may have some articles already lying about that may need some translating or editing. But not sure if I have the time or stamina at the moment.

While major publications – mainly in the English language – have recently been devoted to the composer (Audissino 2021 ; Audissino 2018 ; Lehman 2021 ; Webster 2018 ; Moormann 2010)

What did you publish in 2021, @Falstaft? Has your JW book been published without telling us?

8 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I don't understand.

This "presentation" will be done by physical presence in the conference or by zoom meeting or something?

I would guess in person, but there may be a virtual option. At least that's what I've seen similar conferences do recently. 

I just noticed that the pdf lists "Rick" Altman (sic.) as one of the possible collaborations to write about, LOL! Well, I did a long article on the "BOB" Altman collaboration just two years ago. I could translate it to English and submit it, if time allows. I posted the pdf here before, for anyone who understands Norwegian, but nobody seemed to care at the time.

Good to know, although I was being a bit 'facetious', is that the word? I'll see if I can set aside some time to translate it. Meanwhile, for Jurassic Shark and others who understand Norwegian, here's the pdf again  (go to page 33):

1630120497_Zfilmtidsskrift_regissrogkomponist_Pressepdf.pdf

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I thought I’d bump this thread to ask if any of the papers, keynotes, or sessions from this conference ever made it online. Anyone know?

3 hours ago, Bayesian said:

I thought I’d bump this thread to ask if any of the papers, keynotes, or sessions from this conference ever made it online. Anyone know?

yeah!

https://mediaserveur.univ-evry.fr/channels/#john-williams

On 19/08/2023 at 6:59 AM, ConorPower said:

They're available online as @michael_grig has pointed out, and also some are going to be published in a special edition of a new academic journal next year! 

Sweet! What's the journal called? /is there a website, or call for papers? 

It's called Émergence.s! I don't believe the call for papers is open to all, instead it's just for those who attended/presented at the conference last December. 

The journal doesn't have a bespoke website as of yet, but they've associations with a larger French music/media group called Siméa.