John Williams returns to Vienna! March 12/13 2022

crlbrg

24 minutes ago, PetePan said:

[...]

Before I cancel my Saturday ticket: if anyone is interested, you can buuy it for face value.

Its Parterre Row 16, seat 8. € 240,-

How long are you available to hold?

I need to make some arrangements at work first (I am due to work the whole weekend 😕).

10 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

How long are you available to hold?

I need to make some arrangements at work first (I am due to work the whole weekend 😕).

Well, I already have bought the ticket. If I want to have a refund, I probaby will have to do this within the next 48 hours.

32 minutes ago, PetePan said:

they do, but they were already sold out after a few minutes (8 euro tickets...) 

no

How is this possible? People buy expensive subscriptions just to buy the cheapest 8 Euro standing tickets? Two years ago, there were some of these cheapest tickets left before the general sale.

Just now, Pawel P. said:

How is this possible? People buy expensive subscriptions just to buy the cheapest 8 Euro standing tickets? Two years ago, there were some of these cheapest tickets left before the general sale.

Usually, not all tickets are made available initially.

The whole website is down now :mellow:

I try to get a ticket Thursday on general sale. Or is everything sold out already?  

18 minutes ago, JTGL said:

The whole website is down now :mellow:

I try to get a ticket Thursday on general sale. Or is everything sold out already?  

It seems to be back up but not booked out.

Many fine seats still to be seen....

Good luck!

2 hours ago, PetePan said:

Well, I already have bought the ticket. If I want to have a refund, I probaby will have to do this within the next 48 hours.

Do as you prefer as right now I have no idea what I will be able to do 😕. Thank you.

@Lord Montague: Thats your Opinion. But many see that not so. The BP is the more American Orchestra like Vienna. And thats not bad for Williams Music. 

And what did John Williams say in Berlin ? He said the BP is maybe the best Orchestra in the World ;)

And there are other Soloists except Wenzel Fuchs. Here are the others for you: 

1. Violin: Noah Bendix-Balgley, 2. Violin: Marlene Ito, Viola: Amihai Grosz, Cello: Bruno Delepelaire and Olaf Maninger, Doublebass: Janne Saksala, Trumpet: Guillaume Jehl, Trombone: Olaf Ott.

Tuba: Alexander von Puttkamer,  Pauke: Wieland Welzel, Drums: Raphael Haeger and Franz Schindlbeck were also all on Board.

Only Flute, Oboe and Bassoon were not occupied with Soloists. 

I cannot imagine that it was any different in Vienna. There were no Honeck, no Steude and no Danailova. Thats not good...The other Soloists from Vienna i don´t know....But i think there were also missing a lot others...

3 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Do as you prefer as right now I have no idea what I will be able to do 😕. Thank you.

I asked for a refund for the Saturday ticket and just was confirmed by the ticket office that this was executed. 

These are the prices for Vienna:

These prices are crazy. Everyone who was in Berlin can be happy....

1 € 240,00  
2 € 240,00  
3 € 195,00  
4 € 140,00  
5 € 90,00  
6 € 59,00 ausverkauft
7 € 35,00  
8 € 8,00

ausverkauft

4 hours ago, heritage said:

@Lord Montague: Thats your Opinion. But many see that not so. The BP is the more American Orchestra like Vienna. And thats not bad for Williams Music. 

And what did John Williams say in Berlin ? He said the BP is maybe the best Orchestra in the World ;)

And there are other Soloists except Wenzel Fuchs. Here are the others for you: 

1. Violin: Noah Bendix-Balgley, 2. Violin: Marlene Ito, Viola: Amihai Grosz, Cello: Bruno Delepelaire and Olaf Maninger, Doublebass: Janne Saksala, Trumpet: Guillaume Jehl, Trombone: Olaf Ott.

Tuba: Alexander von Puttkamer,  Pauke: Wieland Welzel, Drums: Raphael Haeger and Franz Schindlbeck were also all on Board.

Only Flute, Oboe and Bassoon were not occupied with Soloists. 

I cannot imagine that it was any different in Vienna. There were no Honeck, no Steude and no Danailova. Thats not good...The other Soloists from Vienna i don´t know....But i think there were also missing a lot others...

I don't know why you argue with me, if you don't know anything about it. Sorry, bit strange. I always talked about the winds. No need to compare concert masters, or tuba, which were regularly staffed in both orchestras.
Also JW said in Vienna the same (best orchestra). He is a very courteous man.
Also you didn't read my post. I said Vienna is actually in many ways better suited for JW music than the so called American orchestras. Sic! That's only paradox and surprising on very first thought. Then it becomes kind of clear, if one understands which heritage JW is basing his compositions on.

Yes there are still Tickets available. You need an account and a membership. Then you can order Tickets...

Sorry, but i have not heard that JW ever say, the VP is perhaps the best orchestra in the world. You may have dreamed it :mrgreen:

You have your opinion, i have mine. So what....The most critics see it the same way that the BP is much better than the VP for the music of JW. And i did not read any bad critics in any Newspaper about the Berlin concert all over the world. Everyone was excited. Thats the fact. But maybe they all have no idea, only you ;)

17 minutes ago, heritage said:

Yes there are still Tickets available. You need an account and a membership. Then you can order Tickets...

Sorry, but i have not heard that JW ever say, the VP is perhaps the best orchestra in the world. You may have dreamed it :mrgreen:

You have your opinion, i have mine. So what....The most critics see it the same way that the BP is much better than the VP for the music of JW. And i did not read any bad critics in any Newspaper about the Berlin concert all over the world. Everyone was excited. Thats the fact. But maybe they all have no idea, only you ;)

Which "most critics" think that BP is better than VP for this music? Please name them here, thank you.
JW said that "best orchestra thing" in Vienna in his talk to the audience. For anyone to hear. Just like in Berlin. It's what one says on such occasions.

Regarding the Berlin concerts, I liked that he said "one of the best orchestras in the world" at the two first concerts and the rehearsal and then "this is the greatest [orchestra] in the world, I guess." at the last one (with the added "uh, perhaps I should have said that more formally. Nevertheless it's still true."). :lol:

Anyway, I got tickets for both concerts! "Cheap" ones for the Saturday with my boyfriend and a single good seat for me on the Sunday. I don't even want to check my bank account, yikes!

This is so surreal, it was announced yesterday and tickets are already available?! I havent quite processed it yet...!

8 minutes ago, PetePan said:

So, which board members are going to Vienna? Is there a nice pub to meet up?

I am! :woop: I'd really enjoy meeting up with other Williams-fans!

28 minutes ago, PetePan said:

So, which board members are going to Vienna? Is there a nice pub to meet up?

Last time we met at the Gmoakeller after one of the concerts:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190454-d812982-Reviews-Gmoakeller-Vienna.html

I finally decided myself on this (having "skipped" the last two european concerts), but got this each time I tried to buy a ticket :-(

Purchase not successful

Your purchase at www.musikverein.at was not completed. If you did not intentionally break off the transaction, we would kindly ask you to start again, checking, where necessary, your credit card details or choosing a different payment option. Once the transaction has been completed, you will automatically receive confirmation via E-Mail containing all the relevant information.

Should you have any questions, our staff at the Konzertkassa will be happy to answer them during the opening hours.

Anyone else having this? The Best tickets are almost gone for Sunday

9 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

"The package is ready for pick-up in Vienna? Good, good. I'll schedule a sudden concert appearance as a cover. No one will suspect a thing. White Wolf out."

Cellphone 2.png

He's returning the empty cookie container?

2 hours ago, Coco314 said:

I finally decided myself on this (having "skipped" the last two european concerts), but got this each time I tried to buy a ticket :-(

Purchase not successful

Your purchase at www.musikverein.at was not completed. If you did not intentionally break off the transaction, we would kindly ask you to start again, checking, where necessary, your credit card details or choosing a different payment option. Once the transaction has been completed, you will automatically receive confirmation via E-Mail containing all the relevant information.

Should you have any questions, our staff at the Konzertkassa will be happy to answer them during the opening hours.

Anyone else having this? The Best tickets are almost gone for Sunday

At first attempt I had that same problem, but it was due to my own bank's security system sending me the validation code for the payment in time. Actually, that had never happened before while paying with a card...

Anyway, I retried a few minutes later and all went smoothly.

On 08/02/2022 at 1:42 AM, Tom said:

An offspring is insignificant next to the power of Williams.

Just kidding: Congrats on the baby.  

23 hours ago, Jay said:

Congrats, Romão! 

Thank you both :) Surreal times indeed

14 hours ago, heritage said:

if that's the only you can find, that's Kai Luehrs-Kaiser. The local "village idiot" who got fired from rbb last week for antisemitic remarks against Barenboim.
But do you have ears? Just listen to the recordings. It's really obvious, how Vienna's orchestra sound is perfectly suited, particularly in the brass, also the strings. Luehrs-Kaiser wasn't even in Vienna, so his opinion pro the local band is pointless.
So ONE critic is MOST critics for you. All right...

9 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

At first attempt I had that same problem, but it was due to my own bank's security system sending me the validation code for the payment in time. Actually, that had never happened before while paying with a card...

Anyway, I retried a few minutes later and all went smoothly.

Thanks very much for your feedback Miguel.

Unfortunately I tried 3 times yesterday to no avail, received nothing  whatsoever from my bank, gave up and went to bed.

Retried this morning (one last seat at Parterre), same thing :-(

I guess I'll take this as a sign it was not the most reasonable thing to do given my March schedule... (may be I'll have more luck for Milan when/if it comes back, and the program is more film music oriented for me). 

Awesome that Williams keeps doing these things. Hopefully, as many fans as possible will get their chance to attend. I myself wasn't even trying this time. Got some family business to attend to at the same time and, quite frankly, I have already fulfilled my dream to see John perform live. The only thing left for me to hope for would be to see him conduct the LSO. 

But I am delighted for everyone who attends this. :)

(On a side note, I was so busy with other things that I didn't have time to check out anything from the Berlin concert. But my Blu-ray should be here tomorrow so looking forward to watching that)

Karol

Musikverein says no recording is planned this time:

"Thanks for your message!

According to our information, no recording of the upcoming concerts is planned at the moment"

(Source:)

grafik.png

14 hours ago, St0rMl0rD said:

Was shocked when I saw that he's coming back in just a month! Unreal and unbelievable. I saw him in October in Berlin, as well as in Vienna in 2020, so I'll skip this one, but if he happens to go to London, you can bet I'm going there!

It's the same situation for me. If he comes to London or Milano, I'll be there. My memories of Berlin are so fresh and I still feel quite fulfilled and happy to have seen him a second time there only a few months ago. But it's a fantastic opportunity especially for those who couldn't make it to Vienna before. The atmosphere and sound in the golden hall is something really special.

33 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Musikverein says no recording is planned this time:

Wow, that's certainly depressing. Especially when tickets were available at such short notice and international travel is so challenging.