John Williams returns to Vienna! March 12/13 2022

crlbrg

4 hours ago, PetePan said:

Anybody going to the Sunday morning concert?

I am. 

It's indeed a beautiful day in a beautiful city!25FA3CBE-9F84-4F1F-8E5D-C415DE6705D5.jpegBB3F7D31-2514-45C1-980B-BA63CF567244.jpegED4D790C-7502-45DB-9BAA-75039F4F14B4.jpegE07C79C1-446F-4C33-A427-318CB5B994EE.jpeg

Yes ! My partner and I going to tomorrows concert having got standing tickets on Wednesday night - having been on the wait list !! Flying out there from London tonight.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

While you and I are mortal enemies, Holko, you deserve to cherish that moment.

I hate you too and thank you!

28 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

DSC_6649_v1.JPG

IMG_20220312_164358.jpg

I was looking for someone taking photos with Brickkiams across the street!

35 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Not just nominated, but on the official list. Partly for the view in the background of this photo: 

Now without the annoying naked statue...😅

35 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

B8E5114C-1D1E-4297-92C0-B3824E2DBD6B.jpeg

Thanks for all the updates and pictures. Much appreciated and wish I could be there.

I am wondering how people responded to the violin concerto.

1 minute ago, Marian Schedenig said:

You could hear parts of the audience getting restless during some parts. One guy in the row next to me got up during the music and left the hall, disturbing all those around him who had to move to allow him to get out. I'd been annoyed by him before the concert even started - he was one of those people who are either too stupid or simply unwilling to put their mask on correctly. That he simply got up without a care for the rest of the audience didn't surprise me.

But that's the only disturbance I noticed. I could see several smaller children in the audience, and they didn't seem too nonplussed and all stayed for the rest of the concert.

We had to be in the same row :D

I would like to know how others enjoyed the concerto.

<blasphemy>Honestly, I did not enjoyed it at all. Was trying to find something interesting - but could not find anything.</blasphemy>

There's nothing wrong with not caring for any composition by any composer, nothing blasphemous about it

37 minutes ago, Holko said:

My favourite quip was when ASM came back for the encore, JW started the sentence "So Ms. Mutter", a "whoo" came from the audience, he looked at them, said "I agree!" and continued.

Yeah, that was fun, quick reaction from JW ! 

On the other hand he snubbed the girl who shouted "happy birthday" right before the Imperial March, but I guess he was already focusing on the music. 

1 minute ago, Biodome said:

Tbh the whole hall should have sung Happy Birthday, that would've been amazing.

Ha !! Food for thought for those of us who will attend tomorrow's concert ! (I won't) 

7 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

Has anyone who was there heard if they have made some changes to Across The Stars again?

I figured it was the same update that was performed with the BSO, but I've only heard that once, so I couldn't say.

But is it just me, or were there some differences in The Duel? Or have I just not listened to that for too long?

At the start of the Star Wars section, he announced the three pieces: Resistance Theme, Leia's Theme, and Throne Room. I'm pretty sure he forgot about the Throne Room because after Leia's Theme he gestured to the orchestra to stand up to accept the applause like at the end of the concert, but then the orchestra leader said something to JW and he put his hand to his head in a kinda d'oh gesture. The orchestra then sat down and played The Throne Room. I wonder did any one else here notice that. 

Hi, guys, how was the Violin concerto No.2. after all, compared to the first two plays? I like and prefer the Tanglewood premiere of the piece more than the second playing from the Symphony hall, although I like it as well. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Michael G. said:

What kind of mistake was it exactly?

He appeared to have water in his valves and the timings were off. I really felt for him! I’m sure today will be perfect 👌📯!