John Williams returns to Vienna! March 12/13 2022

crlbrg

6 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I just hope all these singles don't mean they're releasing *only* the new stuff and not doing an album.

If they are only releasing three digital singles I don't think DG's subby Emil Berliner Studios will be pleased.

But perhaps they are prepairing for some limited direct-to-disc release with these digi-singles acting as bait.

8 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Vienna Philharmonic, John Williams

NEW DG single releases announced!

"Sound the bells!" - December 2 2022

“March of the Resistance” - February 3 2023

Meat Salami GIF by LAZY MOM

..."Bereits am 11. November wurde die Single “Fawkes the Phoenix” mit Ausschnitten der Filmmusik aus dem zweiten Harry Potter-Film “Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens” veröffentlicht. Am 2. Dezember erscheint die Single “Sound the bells!”, eine festliche Fanfare, für die sich Williams von traditionellen japanischen Tempelglocken inspirieren ließ. Am 3. Februar 2023 folgt schließlich die dritte Single mit Williams' “March of the Resistance” aus dem Film “Star Wars: Das Erwachen der Macht”.

Source:

John Williams | News | Reich bestücktes Jubiläumsjahr zum 90. Geburtstag von John Williams (deutschegrammophon.com)

unofficial translation:

The single “Fawkes the Phoenix” with excerpts of the film music from the second Harry Potter film “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” was released on November 11th. December 2 will see the release of the single "Sound the bells!", a celebratory fanfare inspired by traditional Japanese temple bells. Finally, on February 3, 2023, the third single will follow with Williams' “March of the Resistance” from the film “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”."

SWEET! The performance of Sound the Bells will be released on my birthday, too! AWESOME!

Very nice! I wish that they would just release the whole album instead of doing these singles... The same thing is happening with the Zimmer Live album lol. By the time the full albums are released there will be nothing new to release as all will be out as singles already!

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

2CD. 2CD+BR. BR. Vinyl+BR. Vinyl single. Double pack with Vienna 1 but without ASM's pieces. Double pack with Vienna 1 but with ASM pieces. Double pack with Berlin with speeches. Double pack with Berlin without speeches. All in aforementioned formats.

Unfortunately, minus BR for Vienna II, which was not filmed.

BUT a Super-Deluxe Edition containing UHQCD of Berlin, Vienna I & II, Milano, a strictly limited direct-to-disc pressing of Vienna II, plus three BR with Berlin, Vienna I, Milano, including previously unreleased footage of the rehearsals, plus the same on DVD.

• 3 weeks later...

So what’s exactly going on here? Are we getting a full release or is it just the two digital singles?

Why? Did someone at DG take the decision to cherry pick these two to “complete” the Vienna #1 and the Berlin concerts without any overlap?

It would be weird to release singles without an album. Good to hear they’re continuing with another single release, drumming up some “hype” for the full album.

We’ll probably get a digital release further down the line, but no physical album, which I am OK with.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

Is it possible to have some details please? The picture isn't clear and the video is unavailable where I am.

"March of the Resistance" performed March 2022 by VPO conducted by JW.

Announced to be released 3rd Feb 2023 by DG as a digital single.

It will probably show up on YouTube and many other platforms worldwide.

Deutsche Grammophon - Classical Music Label since 1898

45 minutes ago, Michael Grigorowitsch said:

They forgot the 'THE' on the cover....:lovethis:

It receives a different meaning.

"The Resistance" refers to a group of rebellious individuals while "resistance" expresses the behavioural action or the state of mind itself.

@DG: Resistance can be many things....

13 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

"The Resistance" refers to a group of rebellious individuals while "resistance" expresses the behavioural action or the state of mind itself.

It can mean a one CD album, a two CD album... It can mean an announcement of these albums today...

18 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

What do you guys think happened? Someone (maybe even Williams) wanted it to be 'March of Resistance' instead of 'March of the Resistance' or is it a real mistake? 

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

It can mean a one CD album, a two CD album... It can mean an announcement of these albums today...

I hope it's not "Beratungsresistenz" regarding the urgent need for a physical release.

It's a mistake because the piece keeps "the" in the title.

6 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

I hope it's not "Beratungsresistenz" regarding the urgent need for a physical release.

Let's just hope they get the name of the orchestra right and don't confuse it with Rostbratwürst Philharmoniker.

4 hours ago, Michael Grigorowitsch said:

What do you guys think happened? Someone (maybe even Williams) wanted it to be 'March of Resistance' instead of 'March of the Resistance' or is it a real mistake? 

I think it is a mistake or a decision by some (ignorant) graphic designer.

That said, it should be:

MARCH OF THE RESISTANCE

and not:

MARCH OF THE RESISTANCE

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Let's just hope they get the name of the orchestra right and don't confuse it with Rostbratwürst Philharmoniker.

Nor with the Philharmonia Schrammeln...

How about "Fawkes Phoenix" and "Sound Bells!"?