John Williams returns to Vienna! March 12/13 2022

crlbrg

21 minutes ago, PetePan said:

On March 17th, Anne Sophie Mutter will perform at a Ukraine benefit concert in Dortmund. Wouldn't surprise me if they pay attention to it in Vienna as well. 

And ASM will be playing Beethoven's violin concerto with MPO, BRSO and the Bavarian Staatsorchester on March 8th in Munich for charity, raising funds to help Ukrainian families.

Konzerte: Münchner Philharmoniker (mphil.de)

There is a symbolic connection between Beethoven's violin concerto and John Williams, as ASM dedicated an original manuscript sponsorship to the maestro when he last visited Vienna in 2020.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

I wonder what and where John Williams eats when he's on the road.  You never see any reports of him at a restaurant or anything, ya know?

Perhaps blue milk?

2583211_web1_ptr-StarWarsMilk-042420

Here, a rare image of JW with solid food:

LA Phil season opening gala concert shows off John Williams' musical  breadth and depth | All is Yar

Source:

LA Phil season opening gala concert shows off John Williams’ musical breadth and depth | All is Yar

Interestingly, the Wiener Philharmoniker have just concluded a tour to the US (originally set to be conducted by Gergiev, before he became… controversial, to put it mildly) and should be returning to Vienna soon. I wonder if that's in any way related to the timing of the Williams concerts? (Other than the fact that it obviously couldn't have happened while they were abroad)

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

Here, a rare image of JW with solid food:

LA Phil season opening gala concert shows off John Williams' musical  breadth and depth | All is Yar

He hasn't finished his plate! He can't have any pudding.

18 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

IMG_20220306_185617__01.jpg

Photographed yesterday at the Musikverein.

Interestingly, they've left the Harry Potter, Indie and Star Wars contributions unspecified on the poster.

This allows inclusion of TROS suite, or REY's Theme.

200.gif

Would anybody be interested in ticket for 12 and 13 concerts in Vienna? I'm thinking about canceling my trip since I have some other expenses :(

Does anyone know if there is a recording of the violin concerto still floating around the web somewhere? I'd like to listen to it again before the concert. 

Saw a bunch of Philharmoniker loitering in front of the Opera today - hype levels are rising! 😅

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Does anyone know if there is a recording of the violin concerto still floating around the web somewhere? I'd like to listen to it again before the concert. 

Saw a bunch of Philharmoniker loitering in front of the Opera today - hype levels are rising! 😅

Anne-Sophie Mutter spielt John Williams - Violinkonzert Nr. 2 - Programm in voller Länge | ARTE

Main Title? I thought it would be Throne Room... or is this a colour-coded secret message?

I can see some mics dangling in the hall but presume these are permanently installed?

Screenshot_.png

5 minutes ago, MaxTheHouseelf said:

Thanks @carlborgand @Matthias!

I wonder why they have the Star Wars Main Title there when they are not playing that at the concerts but Throne room.

I've been wondering about that as well. Maybe they have the entire "Star Wars Suite for Orchestra" score there, of which Throne Room is the final part. 

4 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

I can see some mics dangling in the hall but presume these are permanently installed?

Yes, they are always there. 

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

I've been wondering about that as well. Maybe they have the entire "Star Wars Suite for Orchestra" score there, of which Throne Room is the final part. 

Yes, they are always there. 

Superman March is showing, and the bells are hanging.

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

Superman March is showing, and the bells are hanging.

I am always gratified to know that we human beings in 2022 can do something never before done in the history of the world.  I guarantee this is the first time ever this sentence has been uttered.  

There are 2 tickets (240 Euro seats) for the Sunday concert available if anyone is looking for them. Private message me if interested.