Happy 90th Birthday John Williams! The Official Nonagenarian Thread

crumbs

Will we get an official announcement that he's scoring Fabelmans today? 

Hopefully there's a raft of tweets from various collaborators today, wishing him a Happy Birthday :wub:

3 minutes ago, crypto said:

Will we get an official announcement that he's scoring Fabelmans today? 

Hopefully there's a raft of tweets from various collaborators today, wishing him a Happy Birthday :wub:

You keep using this word "today"

5 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Crumbs is just bragging that he gets to celebrate for like 40 hours

When you think about it, any given date lasts 48 hours globally, factoring in the start and end of every time zone. 

So this is just the start of an epic 48 hour celebration on his birthdate!

Before rushing off into yet another mad Viennese ticket sale, it is my honourable duty to congratulate the one and only Maestro John Williams who has been part of so many lives and who will continue to be a significant part of our musical culture worldwide. Thank you!

P1110423.JPG

Happy birthday Maestro!

Your music has been a part of my life since as far as I can remember and will continue to grow on me for the rest of it. I have simply no words good enough to express all what your music mean to me. I wish you the best for the years to come and thank you for all those years of wonderful music and for the ones to come you're a real gift to mankind.

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Henry Sítrónu said:

56E0EC59-E1A1-494A-B18D-46022E26AF10.gif

Can you tell me what music is he conducting on this video, and can I find the video on YouTube? Thank you.

17 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

At first I read "The Official Norwegian Thread" and thought, are we already there?

No, you're not. And yes, we're here.

Anyway, happy birthday to you, John Williams the Composer, I'm sure you're not going to read this thread.

Happy birthday JW! From Jurassic Park, my first ever soundtrack purchase, then discovering his music back and forth through his career has been and continues to be a thrilling experience. I’m celebrating my working my listening through his prior decade birthday years… Bachelor Flat (1962), The Poseidon Adventure (1972), ET (1982), Far and Away (1992), Catch Me If You Can (2002) and Lincoln (2012). If there’s time I’ll go through the other scores from those years tomorrow…

Hey All,

For my homage to the great king, here is an analysis of his Happy Birthday Variations, which I wrote about a year ago and have revised and added to since the original posting. I was hoping to add two more things I wrote up about the maestro, but I'm traveling and am not able to finish posting the rest, as well as the overhaul to the site, but hopefully soon. Anyway, I hope this is worthy of the great maestro and here's to 90 more years of greatness!

https://lasound.wixsite.com/mysite-1/post/j-williams-happy-birthday-variations