Williams expects to complete the Indiana Jones 5 score "this year"

Jay

That is an interesting point though. How much old material vs new material will there be (considering how much time seems to have passed in the Indy-verse). He might record the march again.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

He might record the march again.

I'm sorry, did you think there was any chance he wouldn't?

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

That is an interesting point though. How much old material vs new material will there be (considering how much time seems to have passed in the Indy-verse). He might record the march again.

Hopefully minimal previous material

Oh you meant the exact 1981 arrangement?  He only re-recorded that for the IJ4 OST.  The IJ2 and 3 OSTS have portions of the march incorporated but not the whole original arrangement, and there's no reason not to think 5 will follow suit.  IMO.

While walking the dog, I was thinking...

Wouldn't it have been cool if the March were revised with each film, but the revisions retained and new revisions added to accumulate

ROTLA - The Standard March

TOD - Add Shorty's Theme [this was done]

TLC -  Keep Shorty's Theme and Bring in the Keeping Up With The Joneses

KOTCS - Retain all previous additions and modify March for Mutt's motifs [as was done in the last few minutes of the End Credits]

You'd have an ever-evolving, growing march with little thematic counterpoints, collecting with each film.  Essentially each piece an artifact taking its place on the "Museum Shelf" of the Raiders March.

I love the TOD version as it is, the integration of Short Round and Willy's themes is awesome!

The TLC one feel more like different ideas barely stitched together than a proper made from the ground up arrangement

Right, the TOD actually modifies the March itself.  This is primarily what I was musing about, integrating in the new motifs the way Short Round's was.

TOD has wonderfully organic segues from the March, to the other themes, and then back to the March.   The TLC keeps the March portion pretty much the same as the Raiders version, and the segues into the Grail Theme and Scherzo are more are less just stuck together.

I just really like when the March itself is revised.  The last minutes of the KOTCS End Credits with the ascending key changes and revised ending keep it really fun and fresh.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm sorry, did you think there was any chance he wouldn't?

I’m sure those 6 minutes will be there instead of a really interesting part of the score which won’t be on the OST.

I don't think Indy will have any new relationship with a woman (Marion will probably die) So there will be no Love Theme. Rather, he will deepen the relationship with his daughter (Phoebe Waller-Bridge) from another mother. 

I'm expecting a new theme for

1.  Female character. 

2. Villain

3. MacGuffin(s)

4. Chase or Escape Music

5. Second sidekick...maybe

I definitely don't want fan service in music. That was a cheap trick by the music editor in The Rise of Skywalker. 

On 23/06/2022 at 12:27 AM, Andy said:

ROTLA - The Standard March

TOD - Add Shorty's Theme [this was done]

TLC -  Keep Shorty's Theme and Bring in the Keeping Up With The Joneses

Wouldn't make sense though chronologically.

On 23/06/2022 at 11:57 AM, Alex said:

So JW confirmed he is still working on it in that Washington Post. Late Summer/Autumn recording sessions maybe?

Recording starts 10am on Tuesday!  Revealed by JW at the Kennedy Center pre concert talk

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Michael Grigorowitsch said:

I guess the score is finished finished now: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpnqXoksfHw/

Okay, this is excellent. This makes me all the more excited to experience Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. I cannot wait to see the film, and I cannot wait to hear the score. 

7 hours ago, pete said:

Specifically, my museum in the spare room of my apartment where unused exercise equipment is displayed. 

I have one of those. It's called "my local gym" :lol:

7 hours ago, pete said:

It belongs in a museum!

There's a reply waiting, there, but I'm not gonna say it :lol:

I think by "machine" they're just referring to the McGuffin in film #5 (the titular Dial, whatever it does).

The crate probably contains the sheet music from the final recording sessions.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

I think by "machine" they're just referring to the McGuffin in film #5 (the titular Dial, whatever it does).

The crate probably contains the sheet music from the final recording sessions.

I think the “machine” is literally a new piece of equipment, like a printer, they’re going to be using at JKMS. They’ve shown the trunks the sheet music is transported in before, and they look like this:

image.png

Ah! You must be right, hadn't seen those crates before.

Would they even keep the physical copies of every instrument's sheet music? It's all stored digitally.

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

Would they even keep the physical copies of every instrument's sheet music? It's all stored digitally.

They still keep the physical parts for the sake of the markings or corrections players may have written in.