Are there Limited Edition John Williams CDs that you regret not having bought when they were still available?

Josh500

46 minutes ago, Holko said:

More like what in the world are the remaining manufacturing plants doing? When the set gets in stock, it flies, then whoever else wanted to buy it can wait for the next batch to be pressed.

Isn't there an official explanation? What's going on? If the current manufacturing plants aren't up to the task, maybe LLL should look around for some other plants.... 

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Isn't there an official explanation? What's going on? If the current manufacturing plants aren't up to the task, maybe LLL should look around for some other plants.... 

Maybe there are no other plants. We're still in the middle of both a pandemic and the demise of physical CDs.

The specialty labels often cannot choose to use whatever pressing plant they want, the license might have included a stipulation that they use a certain pressing plant owned by the licensor.  The Potter box set was a co-license from WB the movie studio and WMG the music label, and WMG owns pressing plants, so they probably are forced to use one of theirs.

There's never been a time that LLL hasn't wanted to have Potter in stock and on sale for people to buy from them, they are at the mercy of a number of factors preventing it from being always available.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

The specialty labels often cannot choose to use whatever pressing plant they want, the license might have included a stipulation that they use a certain pressing plant owned by the licensor.  The Potter box set was a co-license from WB the movie studio and WMG the music label, and WMG owns pressing plants, so they probably are forced to use one of theirs.

There's never been a time that LLL hasn't wanted to have Potter in stock and on sale for people to buy from them, they are at the mercy of a number of factors preventing it from being always available.

That's rather depressing to hear. These plants have one job, and they can't even fulfil the order of pressing 5000 units of a set? That sounds rather suspicious, yes, even with the current restricted circumstances. It's not like we're talking about the latest Adele album with a first printing of like 2 million....

That said, do you know how many HP boxsets have already been sold? How many are still left to be pressed and offered to the public?

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

That's rather depressing to hear. These plants have one job, and they can't even fulfil the order of pressing 5000 units of a set? That sounds rather suspicious, yes, even with the current restricted circumstances. It's not like we're talking about the latest Adele album with a first printing of like 2 million....

And in between these 2 million, they have to handle obscure batches of a couple of hundred or thousand units of stuff that hardly anybody cares about and that probably doesn't bring them much profit. Not exactly a priority if you've perhaps got the next potential 1 million batch in the queue already.

10 hours ago, Josh500 said:

That said, do you know how many HP boxsets have already been sold? How many are still left to be pressed and offered to the public?

I’m not sure anyone has that information as LLL doesn’t disclose the size of each batch when it comes in stock. 

my advice would be to set aside money for it and assume the next time it is back in stock will be the last, and that they will go quickly.  If you do social media, get notifications from LLL, or notifications from the relevant threads here.   It’s a set that has cross appeal to HP fans as well, so it will sell out. 

Plus the Potter box has the added cost and difficulty of not just being jewel cases with 1 booklet; There's two double-disc jewel cases, a double-wide jewel case, 3 regular size booklets, an oversized 4th booklet, AND the outer cardboard box.

14 hours ago, Hedji said:

my advice would be to set aside money for it and assume the next time it is back in stock will be the last, and that they will go quickly.  If you do social media, get notifications from LLL, or notifications from the relevant threads here.   It’s a set that has cross appeal to HP fans as well, so it will sell out. 

Thanks for the advice, but I was just asking out of curiosity. I got the set on Day One, of course! Actually I had ordered it in the first 10 minutes after they started accepting orders... 

Well done!  I just love the way LLL caters to JW fans with this and the Jurassic Park sets.  Now if only they'd do an Irwin Allen TV set of exclusively Williams.

On 25/02/2022 at 5:06 AM, Hedji said:

Well done!  I just love the way LLL caters to JW fans with this and the Jurassic Park sets.  Now if only they'd do an Irwin Allen TV set of exclusively Williams.

And now if only somebody will do the Star Wars prequel trilogy... I can die a happy man!