Jerry Goldsmith's STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (1979) - 2022 2-CD Remastered Edition (La-La Land Records)

Jay

1 hour ago, Tallguy said:

.....  Holy crap!

Surprise! I got it today (Saturday)!

Well. The short answer is that it is terrific. And since I have the 2012 it's a little indulgent.

If you missed the 2012 then you need to get this. If you have the 2012 and have other things to spend money on then you don't need to get this.

If you hear the ghost of Jerry whispering "bottlecaps" over your shoulder? Ehhhh, get it anyway.

I'm going to go through the liner notes to this and 2012 side by side and see what I think. Oh! I do have to say it feels a little like the 1997 RCA Star Wars discs to have the Director's Edition shots in the notes. Including one that I REALLY hope looks better in motion.

15 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

E.T. is an expanded expansion.

Nope.

That's the 20th anniversary edition on MCA.😍

Same with DANCES WITH WOLVES and STII. First expansion is plenty!

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Nope.

That's the 20th anniversary edition on MCA.😍

Which was the second expansion

The first expansion came out in 1996

Got my set in the mail today. Reverb still seems quite strong, for those one the fence regarding that issue, but I’m not the most trained ear. I can’t hear much difference between this set and the last, but I missed out on that one, so it’s not a double dip for me. 

My only complaint about the 3 c.d. set from a few years ago is that I couldn't hear the little electronic chimes in the End Titles.

What doe this set have to offer that's not on the 3. c.d. set?

On 15/02/2022 at 6:27 PM, bruce marshall said:

" I'm satisfied with the three CD version"  

- Thor Haga.😝

The good news, Bruce...this is probably the funniest thing I've ever read from you. (no offense Thor)

The bad news, Bruce...I ordered this.

Star Trek 1-4 both movies and scores are untouchable to me.  I'm glad to get another MM graced LLL TMP edition.

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

The good news, Bruce...this is probably the funniest thing I've ever read from you. (no offense Thor)

The bad news, Bruce...I ordered this.

Star Trek 1-4 both movies and scores are untouchable to me.  I'm glad to get a MM graced LLL TMP edition.

Both LLL releases are "MM graced" though.

Well, the new release certainly fixed one tiny tiny detail that was bothering me on the 2012 set. Name the tiny clipping artefact (or whatever) one second into track 9 that isn't present on the new edition. Is that enough of a reason to upgrade? 🤔😆

Karol

12 hours ago, crocodile said:

Well, the new release certainly fixed one tiny tiny detail that was bothering me on the 2012 set. Name the tiny clipping artefact (or whatever) one second into track 9 that isn't present on the new edition. Is that enough of a reason to upgrade? 🤔😆

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116e458152b2440d03f9

Well with digital technology, you can always improve the digital corrections...

The nice thing is that everyone now can do it in their basement.

• 5 weeks later...

As I predicted, Paramount Music has released this themselves on digital platforms, though it's just the main program - no bonus tracks - and has a different cover

zi1fna4j51opa_600.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09X69YL1R/

https://tidal.com/browse/album/223699565

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mdHTsnGaH8fMW49GQjb9rOKLHCYHAFXtA

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/star-trek-the-motion-picture-the-directors-edition-music-from-the-motion-picture-jerry-goldsmith/zi1fna4j51opa

For some reason it doesn't seem to be on iTunes, Spotify, 7Digital, or HDTracks yet

On 06/03/2022 at 10:54 PM, Bespin said:

Well with digital technology, you can always improve the digital corrections...

The nice thing is that everyone now can do it in their basement.

I don't have a basement...

Karol