John Williams Caption Competition!

Jurassic Shark

3 hours ago, BB-8 said:

NH: "No I'm not that Rachel with a single Oscar, if that is what you are alluding to."

" You mean some  DAME won a composing OSCAR?. Is that what you're telling me, girlie?!"

😅

JW: I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a theme, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let this assignment go now, that'll be the end of it.

Screenshot_2022-05-30-22-49-30.png

"No, I won't be able to compose a fanfare for Queen Elizabeth II, and I shall only return to the Royal Albert Hall under the condition that the UK revokes Brexit and joins the EU in solidarity with Ukraine."

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

Screenshot_2022-05-30-22-49-30.png

JW: "You know, what's funny? You young people with all your computers and composition software, you should be composing much better music than we did in the past. Actually, someone told me, you could open Sibelius, drop your head blindly on your computer keyboard multiple times and it would probably come up with something more interesting, than what I hear in Kenobi. So, what is your secret?

NH: "What do you mean?"

JW: "How do you manage to tame your creativity that much?"

NH: "Today we work differently. You write two minutes of highly creative music per day. But we must be much faster. So, we just write 20 seconds and spend the rest of the day stretching that over 20 minutes by copy paste. That way we are ten times faster than you."

JW: "And how do you write those 20 seconds?."

NH: "I open Sibelius and blindly drop my head on the keyboard multiple times."

JW: "Ah, I got it. That's really different. But your Loki theme is quite nice."

NH: That was actually written by my cat walking across my desk."

JW: "You should credit her."

JW: "Have you ever tried doing it with a Bleistift, ja...ja?"

3 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

JW: "Have you ever tried doing it with a Bleistift, ja...ja?"

NH: "You mean dropping my head against a Bleistift? Like in "The Dark Knight'? No. Doesn't that hurt?"

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

NH: "You mean dropping my head against a Bleistift? Like in "The Dark Knight'? No. Doesn't that hurt?"

JW: "No, I mean dropping a Bleistift on the keyboard and consulting Sibelius. Actually, I wasn't aware that Sibelius was still alive."

"Hm, am I possibly over-dressed? Next time turtle-neck!!!"

9 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Bill-and-John-Williams-at-the-AFI-John-Williams-Tribute_--1024x1009.jpg

And all together now! WITH A BLEISTIFT, JA...JA!