John Williams Returns to ‘Star Wars’ Universe with ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Theme - Jon Burlingame Variety article

Jay

And the series premiere on may 25th, on the day of the 45th anniversary! Way to go!

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm not going to fully embrace this until Disney announces it. I don't like that the article is based on "sources".

Jon Burlingame is quite trustworthy; Variety is a reliable source, I think

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I still remember where I was sitting when I first saw the Burlingame article about the Solo theme!

I was on the sofa recovering from a stomach bug! I could barely read the article without feeling sick.

Well, its a bit different because its not a series of episodes like, say, John Barry scoring Bond films or Steiner scoring Kong sequels or even Williams scoring the next Indy.

Its more comparable to the Ring cycle. Stuff like this and Galaxy's Edge would be Williams' equivalent of the Siegfried Idyll or something...

4 minutes ago, crypto said:

Or Battle of the Heroes... :)

Wow, great idea ! Given that Hayden Christensen will apparently be back, there's no way the he and Kenobi don't meet at some point... 

Who do you guys think is the main for the score? I'm pretty sure Williams wouldn't be involved with the show If he didn't approve who will play with his brand new theme. 

I wonder If it'll be someone young and new or someone more established (like John Powell :lovethis:). Whoever gets the job will have Williams to support him/her.

Just now, Edmilson said:

Who do you guys think is the main for the score? I'm pretty sure Williams wouldn't be involved with the show If he didn't approve who will play with his brand new theme. 

I wonder If it'll be someone young and new or someone more established (like John Powell :lovethis:). Whoever gets the job will have Williams to support him/her.

I hope it’s Powell. Are there any other near-protégés on his level?

Nah it’s just good fun. 

I wonder… will it be used as a traditional television theme played in full at the beginning? Or as a “bumper” and end credits style like the Mandoverse shows?

Just now, A. A. Ron said:

How long has it been since John's last TV theme? Is this the first one he ever wrote for a streaming project?

2008 for the PBS Great Performances theme.  1985 for a fiction television show (Amazing Stories)

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Reminds me of the story of back in the 90s when he was reportedly insulted that they hadn't even asked him if he'd do the Shadows of the Empire multimedia thing.

Guess they learned their lesson.  Always ask!

He was more insulted he wasn't asked to score the Star Wars Holiday Special.