Who do you think will score the new Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series, using Williams' theme?

Jay

Who do you think will score Obi-Wan Kenobi?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think WILL score Obi-Wan Kenobi?

• Ludwig Göransson
    • Joseph Shirley
    • Nicholas Britel
    • Kevin Kiner
    • William Ross
    • John Powell
    • Michael Giacchino
    • Thomas Newman
    • Bear McCreary
    • Someone not listed in the poll
    • Alan Silvestri
    • John Debney
    • Joel McNeely
    • Gordy Haab
    • Batu Sener
    • Natalie Holt
    • Laura Karpman
    • Pinar Toprak
    • Andrea Datzman
    • Hildur Guðnadóttir
  2. 2. Who do you think SHOULD score Obi-Wan Kenobi?

• Ludwig Göransson
    • Joseph Shirley
    • Nicholas Britel
    • Kevin Kiner
    • William Ross
    • John Powell
    • Michael Giacchino
    • Thomas Newman
    • Bear McCreary
    • Someone not listed in the poll
    • Alan Silvestri
    • John Debney
    • Joel McNeely
    • Gordy Haab
    • Batu Sener
    • Natalie Holt
    • Laura Karpman
    • Pinar Toprak
    • Andrea Datzman
    • Hildur Guðnadóttir

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Van_Etten said:

Music editor was recently added to IMDB. The Hollywood Reporter also confirmed conductor Anthony Parnther. He already conducted Ludwig's Tenet and Turning Red, lately doing the job on The Book of Boba Fett and The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild.

So it's someone Disney knows and trusts.

Also, did Tenet used an orchestra? I was under the impression with was a purely electronic score.

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

So it's someone Disney knows and trusts.

Also, did Tenet used an orchestra? I was under the impression with was a purely electronic score.

The London Symphony Orchestra is listed on IMDB. I've not listened to that score so I can't attest to how much orchestral music there is.

There are orchestral bits here and there. The first half of "The Algorithm" is partly orchestral for sure. But as Ludwig noted he wanted many elements to be manipulated, processed or stretched.

In addition to Parnther, he played bassoon on Rogue One, Solo and The Rise of Skywalker.

I don't think it's unfair to assume that John Powell is probably gonna to do the score. I also want him to do it because he's an amazing composer. Plus, I am still in love with his score for Solo which is still my favorite of the this era of Star Wars and my second favorite Star Wars score overall. 

I won't be mad, but I'll be a little bummed if he doesn't do it.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Coincidence? I think not!

256FEA66-591E-48A5-B83C-CD8475AC0D7D.png

1E9E995C-A263-46AF-A35A-F129CAC09C25.png

If these photos are from Kenobi's sessions, then the few London musicians must've been contracted, a la the London musicians contracted for the sequel trilogy, although the scores were of course recorded in LA. I highly doubt they were fake listings, that would be way too obscure for a "prank".

Funny that they mentioned Gibster specifically although he didn't mention anyone by name, he just said "it's a female". :lol:

I posted about it a couple days before he did, but apparently only the folks on Discord took notice.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Funny that they mentioned Gibster specifically although he didn't mention anyone by name, he just said "it's a female". :lol:

I posted about it a couple days before he did, but apparently only the folks on Discord took notice.

Star Wars News Net: EXCLUSIVE Obi-Wan Kenobi Composer Is 'A Female'

On 17/04/2022 at 1:47 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

265653531_JohnWilliams-Holt.png.7f1719aa5b1e7a5a1929ee336f76587a.png

I'm embarrassed to say I just realized this was Natalie Holt's head. 

Maybe the early sessions were in London then they moved to LA for pick-ups, after Williams recorded his material?

Who knows, maybe JW helped out with a few extra sketches, if the sessions were based in LA (assuming he had time between Fabelman and Indy 5 commitments).

17 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

In general, I'm starting to doubt the Variety JW announcement.  Especially considering the lack of official confirmation and the fact that some information in the article was later redacted.  

Doesn't that make it more likely the article is accurate? They would've redacted the entire article, rather than correct it, if it were untrue.

The lack of confirmation is indeed strange, but the JKMS post says a big announcement is happening next week.

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Doesn't that make it more likely the article is accurate? They would've redacted the entire article, rather than correct it, if it were untrue.

It makes the info as a whole a lot more suspect to me.  Shaky foundation.

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

In general, I'm starting to doubt the Variety JW announcement.  Especially considering the lack of official confirmation and the fact that some information in the article was later redacted.  

You're forgetting one of the musicians said they recorded a television theme for John 2 or 3 days before the Variety article went up (not even mentioning that post). I can't think of anything else it could possibly be. It's pretty much a guarantee at this point.

5 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

You're forgetting one of the musicians said they recorded a television theme for John 2 or 3 days before the Variety article went up (not even mentioning that post). I can't think of anything else it could possibly be. It's pretty much a guarantee at this point.

Yes. Not to mention the only other theory (recording the new Oscars overture for this year's ceremony) didn't eventuate.

8 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

"John Williams is starting"

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Silvestri + holt now?

Where'd you get Silvestri from?

2 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

That post is from Thursday, so “next week” should be this week.

I know - very exciting!

Just now, Jay said:

No, that's Mark Graham

Oh i read "alansilvestr_music" and assumed things. He usually wears that kind of shirts doesnt he? And the hair is similar...the moustache was new for me :P

6 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Isnt he the one in the photos with Holt?

Yeah, I saw an old man on the photos and "alan silvestri music" underneath, and for a few seconds I thought Silvestri was doing it. 

They haven't announced a composer for Ms. Marvel yet have they?  Conceivably Holt could be doing that score now.  Although I'd been assuming it would at least be led by Laura Karpman since she was announced as scoring The Marvels next year.

I think Obi-Wan is most likely, but wanted to come up with a plausible alternative.