'Enter Lord Vader' is peak JW badass music

artguy360

27 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

One of John Williams' very best cues.  I love the building propulsion/dread as Anakin walks through the hallway with the mouse droids

"Lord Vader we have been expecting you"

6 hours ago, Cameron007 said:

It's not nearly as badass without the drums that they STILL didn't add on the remastered version. "Film mixes" my ass...

Those were micro-edited in from the percussion stems in "Boys Into Battle", so that doesn't count. "Film mixes" in this case refers to the takes used in the film, not film edits. The version we got on the album is as-recorded and intended.

13 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Those were micro-edited in from the percussion stems in "Boys Into Battle", so that doesn't count. "Film mixes" in this case refers to the takes used in the film, not film edits. The version we got on the album is as-recorded and intended.

You would think, but IIRC, the film version is indeed the way it was written! Of course, Williams was the producer for the OST, so he must have decided he didn't like the added percussion after all, at least for album purposes. But that stuff was indeed recorded for this cue.

EDIT: And yes, with or without the percussion, all the Mustafar music in this cue is pretty badass. Love the dissonant synth arpeggios as Anakin lands.

On 19/02/2022 at 2:24 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

The track has lots of cool moments, although it's quite disjointed.

My take too.

Sometimes I even feel a little more negatively : the track is too disjointed, although it has a lot of cool moments. 

2 minutes ago, eitam said:

My take too.

Sometimes I even feel a little more negatively : the track is too disjointed, although it has a lot of cool moments. 

Agreed, I was trying to put a positive spin on it. :lol:

The main section is really cool and something that I remember drawing my attention initially.

Some of the lower key parts of the cue feel less interesting - I'm almost surprised that JW didn't do some microediting to focus on the prominent aspects.