Which score is more evocative of childhood: ET or Hook? Or another score?

artguy360

To me ET and Hook are the JE scores most evocative of childhood, with child-like themes and colors. ET is about children on an amazing adventure of sorts, while Hook is about rediscovering childhood with themes about childhood itself. Which for you is most evocative of childhood?

Or would you pick another score like HP1 or even AI? I think AI is a dark horse answer with some tracks really about childlike wonder and innocence.

Edit: I posted to the wrong section! Can it be moved?

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

If we take our own experiences as children out the equation (which i think we should, given the question), I honestly think it is either Home Alone or BFG, if we are talking just Williams.  

That's interesting, after listening through Williams works for Spielberg recently I found BFG to honestly be quite bland, nothing about it really screamed childhood. It felt underwhelming for the content, what tracks would you say stood out and captured that kind of spirit?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

If we take our own experiences as children out the equation (which i think we should, given the question), I honestly think it is either Home Alone or BFG, if we are talking just Williams.  

Home Alone is another great JW score that captures childhood well.

I think E.T. and Hook are the more obvious choices. I also find The Reivers, The Cowboys and The Witches of Eastwick to be quite evocative of childhood by the lightness and their gentle spirit of adventure

14 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

That's interesting, after listening through Williams works for Spielberg recently I found BFG to honestly be quite bland, nothing about it really screamed childhood. It felt underwhelming for the content, what tracks would you say stood out and captured that kind of spirit?

Fun and a sense of childlike wonder, with a touch of fear here and there. 

For me personally, The Empire Strikes Back - The Rebel Fleet.

This music, the themes in their arrangement and succession, had a great impact on me as a child of around 10, making me feel and think for the first time how it would be to lose someone you love.

Guess I have to be a broken record and bring up The Reivers.  The entire story is after all a man looking fondly back on a romanticized blissful childhood.

"Those days were like an endless summer, stored with pleasure in my memory."

Ultimately for me Hook isn't as adventurous as an Indy score, isn't as magical as a Harry Potter score and isn't as playful as a Home Alone score.

For my childhood experience it would be E.T. but nowadays, kids are probably scared shitless of E.T.  So Hook is probably the answer.

I can't get into Hook, I really tried.

I've bashed Hook enough. 

I can never praise E.T. enough.