Best "corny" End Titles song of the 90s/00s? Bryan Adams vs Celine Dion vs Lisa Gerrard

Edmilson

Corny end titles songs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these classics End Credits songs is the best?

• (Everything I Do) I Do it For You - Bryan Adams (from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, scored by Michael Kamen)
    • My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (from Titanic, scored by James Horner)
    • Now We're Free - Lisa Gerrard (from Gladiator, scored by Hans Zimmer)

Which one of these iconic movie songs is the best (or the most tolerable)?

I personally prefer Adams' song, followed by Gerrard's. All three of them are super corny anyway.

What is your favorite?

This poll is amazing! Personal favorite (and my vote) goes to Brian Adams.

But I can’t deny how popular My Heart Will Go On is. If the “general public” took a crack at this poll I’m sure that song would dominate. 

Did “Now We Are free” get some radio play outside the states? Rumor has it that dance version was huge. I never once heard it on the radio in the US. But then, funnily enough, I was usually listening to film scores and NOT the radio around 2000 lol. 

I feel like "Now We Are Free" is in a little bit different category. It feels more like a continuation of the score than a cash grab end credits song, and I don't really find it corny/schmaltzy like the others. Considering that, and how beautiful it is, I'd go with that one. I also like My Heart Will Go On, and no matter what anyone says, you have to admit it's cool that Horner wrote a melody so great, it became ubiquitous enough for us to groan about.

My Heart Will Go On has terrible lyrics. 

But then most songs do, even Hotel California.

Judging purely on melody, it is one of the great melodies of film music. So even if the words are daft, the music is undoubtedly very beautiful. 

Fun idea for a poll but, Now We’re Free, a classic? I couldn’t hum that song even if my life depended on it.

But I guess it could be me and that I’m completely out of the zeitgeist 

3 hours ago, Smeltington said:

I feel like "Now We Are Free" is in a little bit different category. It feels more like a continuation of the score than a cash grab end credits song, and I don't really find it corny/schmaltzy like the others. 

I don't know the song or track, but I agree, because it's not on my list of 'Evil Whitney Houston End Credits Songs'.

Here's another one from before your time, guys:

The Gladiator song is for me more in one category with the Lord of the Rings end titles songs. Bryan Adams I would rather see together with Whitney Houston's I will Always Love You etc.

By the way, what about Aerosmith's "I don't Wanna Miss a Thing" from Pearl Harbor? Or was this not an end credits song?

Bryan Adams for me. Have never liked Celine Dion ('amazing vocal range but zero genuine emotion' divas don't do it for me) and despite have seen Gladiator a few times am finding the Gerrard track impossible to recall.  

Without a doubt "Now We Are Free".

I like the instrumental versions of the two other tunes -- i.e. the love themes that Horner and Kamen wrote within the scores themselves. Not so enthused by the song versions. I was around at the time of both, and got sick and tired of their constant radioplay. Even if they're fine ballads in and of themselves. I never could stand Dion's voice, and I'll rather take Adams in rock mode any day of the week, thank you.

The 90s end title songs were a trend didnt they. Making a poll with only three options seems wrong. 

Wast there a horner-enrique iglesias song for zorro¿

Lets not forget  williams 'rejected' song 'for always' 

6 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

By the way, what about Aerosmith's "I don't Wanna Miss a Thing" from Pearl Harbor? Or was this not an end credits song?

Well, it's from Armageddon, not Pearl Harbor

28 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Lets not forget  williams 'rejected' song 'for always' 

What?

17 votes and now Everything I Do is tied with My Heart, but both are vote behind Now We Are Free.

This has been quite an interesting poll! I was sure the Celine Dion song would win in a landslide.

Haha no. Into the West is the best, Gollum's Song almost on its level, May It Be definitely behind.

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

And May it be integrates the best with the score.

Not Into the West, the ultimate climactic rendition of a theme?

Also Shore missed a beat by not doing a song of the Kili and Tauriel love theme. I mean listen to the opening 1 min 45 seconds. It is almost a song. Just needed some lyrics for the main descending melody - and bam you have another classic middle earth song. It would work well in English too I think, not just Elvish.

Everything I Do>May It Be>Gollum’s Song>>>Into the West>Billy Boyd>I See Fire>YAYAYAYA>Now We Are Free>My Heart Will Go On

On a different day, Billy Boyd’s song I don’t remember the name of would bump ahead of Into the West.

Bryan Adams for me.

Interestingly enough, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves was the first movie I remember seeing in theaters. My folks were and are still in love with anything Costner.  So as a kid I basically watched everything he was in lol. That movie and score has a special place in my heart.

Also it's way more tolerable when you grow up and learn it's just using one of Kamen's themes.

Buuuuut...do I ever listen to the actual song??? Nope lol.