John Williams´s symphony

Pierre

Hey there, anybody knows anything about JW´s symphony? Cant find any record. 

BTW i buy E.T. complete score if somebody have it (not hand written) thx!

21 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Given the style of his concert output in that period, the Flute Concerto being foremost in my mind, I think many fans would be disappointed if they were expecting a grand Romantic statement.

Yeah I think that myself and D. Adams mentioned someplace else on here about it before. The symphony is paired in style with the flute concerto and original version of the violin concerto. There is a great interview with Andre Previn where he talks about it:

(I actually couldnt find the video anymore on youtube but it was called "Andre Previn interviews John Williams (1988))

He talks about it like a workshop piece, and actually Doug and I both had the same impression of the piece. It's fascinating to see his writing process and how he was constructing things in that period, but even Williams doesn't think its a very good piece, hence it hasn't been played in a very long time. The writing is a bit.... awkward and clunky at times, and a bit rough sounding. I'm not sure those are the right words, but the writing is not the polished sound that of his other works.

2 hours ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Yeah I think that myself and D. Adams mentioned someplace else on here about it before. The symphony is paired in style with the flute concerto and original version of the violin concerto. There is a great interview with Andre Previn where he talks about it.

You'll find detailed description of what the symphony sounds like at the link I posted above :)