What pieces of music would you have liked JW to have recorded with the Boston Pops?

Bayesian

Going through the recent JW/BPO Philips box set is a great reminder that JW interpreted a fairly wide range of repertoire for a film composer-turned-pops conductor. Are there any musical works you would have enjoyed him having recorded with the Boston pops for posterity, (including pieces he may have only conducted live)?

One that comes to mind is Tchaikovsky’s Capriccio italien. That is a great piece to listen to, especially the tarantella at the end, and I bet JW would have had fun with it. Another one is Bizet’s Arlésienne suite. The farandole in particular sounds like something from JW’s wheelhouse. 

Anyone else??

I wish he had recorded more contemporary film music.  I would like to have heard his take on more Goldsmith & Horner, for example, than the few selections he did record.  There are exceptions, but most of his concerts or recordings consist of Golden Age music, selections from musicals, or his own film music.  The Hollywood Sound probably has the largest group of "recent" scores among its tracklist, but then that was recorded in London, not Boston.

I also wish that The Star Wars Trilogy album was recorded in Boston rather than with a pickup orchestra.

Esplanade Overture.  3 movement ET suite that he did in Tanglewood 10 or so years ago.  

I don't mind the lack of classical pieces.  I find his BPO Planets album underwhelming, like the orchestra was too small or something.  I heard him do the Planets with Pittsburgh in the 90s, and it was sublime--don't get the discrepancy.  

Yes, I agree on the SW album.  Though I would have liked the LSO, and I continue to hope for a "definitive" 2-3 CD Williams conducted LSO album of the SW pieces.   Conduct it via Zoom, I don't care--just get it done.  

On 05/03/2022 at 7:20 PM, Tom said:

Yes, I agree on the SW album.  Though I would have liked the LSO, and I continue to hope for a "definitive" 2-3 CD Williams conducted LSO album of the SW pieces.   Conduct it via Zoom, I don't care--just get it done.  

He was just waiting for the Obi-Wan call first.