The Fabelmans recording session photos

Maestro

Inspiring beyond words.  What a Gift to the world!

I had no idea that recording was already taking place.  Keep it up, Maestro!

23 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

I can't wait to hear Williams' emotional piece for piano for this movie. I'm gonna love it if this is at least as good as "Remembering Emilie and Finale" :lovethis:

I really love Williams' newer "unadorned piano solo" sound (With Malice Towards Towards None, Blue and the Grey, Dear Basketball (end credits), Mother and Daughter)

Off the top of my head, almost every non-Star Wars Williams score since Tintin has ended with a piano solo, so I won't be surprised if this one follows suit!

I'm sure the score will be fantastic and heartfelt. I'll be over the moon if he's written anything that rivals the Blue Fairy theme from A.I.

Well, I was going to embed the full size pictures since the OP only posted a screenshot, and now it annoyingly looks like he has taken them down so we'll probably never get them :(

https://www.facebook.com/robert.thies.9

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, I was going to embed the full size pictures since the OP only posted a screenshot, and now it annoyingly looks like he has taken them down so we'll probably never get them :(

https://www.facebook.com/robert.thies.9

I wonder if TPTB made him take it down.  He did not reveal anything that has not already been released, other than his involvement.  Oh well.

Can you imagine being this dude--what a milestone in his career.  And, with pictures of him and Williams at the keyboard together.  

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

Fabelmans 2.jpeg

Judging by that reflection at the left, if I’m not mistaken, it looks like they set up some baffles to decrease the size of studio, probably to better accommodate a smaller orchestra, a la Stanley & Iris, The Accidental Tourist, The Book Thief, etc.

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting that he's using a real celeste instead of Kerber on synth.  I was under the impression that for recording sessions of the last 20 years he pretty much always used a synth celeste.

That is a good observation. Perhaps the celeste parts are completely solo, with no orchestral accompaniment - I get the impression that he preferred synth celeste because it’s much easier to control and blend the sound with the orchestra when mixing. Or maybe as others have pointed out he just wants the real thing now!

Looking forward to the score, even if the movie isn’t really my cup of tea. Spielberg going completely introspective and sentimental isn’t something I generally vibe on much these days.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

Have no fear!

Great work!! Thank you!!! 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

It is funny how Spielberg/Lucas/Ford, etc. now look to be in the same age bracket as Williams.  In the pictures from the 70s and early 80s, it looks like a full generation or more separates them.  

Right?! 

9 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

He sure looks a lot better than those professional photos taken last month.

My guess is they took those shots when he rolled out of bed because they made him look ANCIENT and I was thinking I only saw him at Tanglewood in August and he looked really good. And not a "really good for 90" thing, I know people turning 70 that look older than he does.

6 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

It's always been kind of an odd thing with Williams in the last decade where sometimes he seems 20 years younger and then sometimes you catch glimpses of him where he really looks or sounds his age.

Has anyone ever actually *seen* William Ross?

32 minutes ago, crypto said:

Piano seems to be JW's go-to instrument for closing scores now.

It sounds a bit like music contracting back to where it came from, reminding the audience of its human (and pianistic) origin. Like the end of a home recital.

On 19/03/2022 at 3:19 PM, JTW said:

Maestro Williams is certainly not wasting any time. Could be he's already started composing the score to Indiana Jones 5. 

Heck, he's probably started writing Indy 6 by now!

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Who knows the exact music for the closing scene, but if this indeed is the final S/W collaboration, I cannot imagine a more fitting end than a reflective, bittersweet piano piece.  

Cue Throne Room.

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Heck, he's probably started writing Indy 6 by now!

Cue Throne Room.

I would LOVE that. I don't even need a new film, just his music. He could write an Indiana Jones Symphony. 

7 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Has anyone ever actually *seen* William Ross?

Everyone knows that William Ross is actually the moniker used by several orchestrators, arrangers and additional composers that actually write the music in Williams' movies, while JW himself is busy taking pics with the cast and crew and going on promotional tours.