Sound the Bells Original Premiere

I'm sure a lot of people have seen this already. The first piece on the program is Sound the Bells, which I was given to understand that it premiered at this concert, since he eluded to that more or less in the score, with the slight revision and full orchestration coming later. However, just before in this videos he's giving in interview that he makes it seem like they actually premiered it at the royal wedding. Anybody know the full history of this piece?

/me is opening Pandora's box now:

There ... is a flub 41 seconds into the piece.

/me ducks.

Sorry, couldn't resist - given the history of pointless discussions on this forum regarding live performances of world-class orchestras... ;)

I immediately apologise for not being quite on topic...

...this is supposed to be taken light-heartedly. :)

P.S.: Thank you very much for pointing out this interesting recording (once again)!

10 hours ago, Martinland said:

/me is opening Pandora's box now:

There ... is a flub 41 seconds into the piece.

/me ducks.

Sorry, couldn't resist - given the history of pointless discussions on this forum regarding live performances of world-class orchestras... ;)

I immediately apologise for not being quite on topic...

...this is supposed to be taken light-heartedly. :)

P.S.: Thank you very much for pointing out this interesting recording (once again)!

It was enjoyable, and I veer off topic all the time which I'm sure irks the JW community!

Wait there's an Harmonca -less flute version  Sugarland Express main theme in there. Never heard that before and it's amazing. I hate the sound if the Harmonica so this is a big improvement to me

On 28/03/2022 at 2:32 AM, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

It was enjoyable, and I veer off topic all the time which I'm sure irks the JW community!

Actually, that reminds me. I need to draft up topic suggestions for the upcoming staff meeting at work...