HOUSE OF THE DRAGON

Jay

10 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Is his involvement a good thing or not?

Beats me.  I don't necessarily have an opinion on all news I share, of course

In this case, I don't believe I've ever seen any of his acting performances before, outside of his voice work in a Terminator movie.

So I truly have no opinion on whether he'll make for a good Targaryen or not.

Like I said, I don't know him

At the time I replied, the "I don't know him" part was not in your post

4 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

I think maybe you do...

Oh, that's great news. Didn't know he plays Doctor Who. Not only is he great in The Crown, he was also excellent in HBO's Rome.

4cb27a2d7a83e030eb77dd35c9a580e0.jpg

Ah, okay. When I said "Prince Philip is my favorite character", I was referring to Tobias Menzies, even though the younger Prince Philip (Matt Smith) was good too. 

0_featureimage.jpg

So, yeah, good news!

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 11:28 AM, AC1 said:

Maybe, but if I'm honest, Edmure Tully isn't a character that stayed with me.  

495842.jpg

???

He's far more memorable from his dual roles in Outlander, and I'm not just saying that because we see his manhood in the prison after some special time with Sam Heughan. I'll be in my bunk... 

In GOT, he's both a punching bag and a punchline. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ATXHusker said:

Teaser!

Does that exclamation mark indicate you are excited for this show?

The look and feel of it instantly put me back in the GoT universe, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.  It's not much, mind you, but it's definitely a teaser.

What are your thoughts on it, @Jay ?

2 hours ago, AC1 said:

Jay stopped caring about GOT since Season 5.

I did, since season 6, that is. 

But I like how the throne looks in the teaser.

I LOVE that they've expanded the iron throne with all the extra swords leading up to it. Still not quite what it was described in the books but it's better:

Marc_Simonetti_Bran_theironthroneJoff.jpeg

Trailer looks ok! I'm optimistic about this show, there's a smaller chance they'll eff it up seeing as the whole contained story has already published. Hope the writers are good, and give us some of that GOT season 1-4 magic. And Matt Smith is pure gold in everything, what a phenomenal catch for the production.

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, blondheim said:

The hardest part should have been the writing and pre-production but what do I know

I dunno, take for instance The Book Of Boba Fett. It wouldn't be difficult for me to write that sh!t or even improve upon it, but I could never pull off the FX. 

Still GoT did not become famous for the great vfx, but for brillant writing.

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

I dunno, take for instance The Book Of Boba Fett. It wouldn't be difficult for me to write that sh!t or even improve upon it, but I could never pull off the FX. 

This is really a nasty comparison. I think, almost any SW fan would be able to make up some shit like BoBF.

Of course, I was being slightly facetious ...

Disney needs better writers. But it goes to show that you can have a successful show based on bad writing. But if the FX of Boba Fett were equally as dreadful, people wouldn't accept it. 

BoBF suffers from a bad script, bad staging and particularly bad action choreography. But it profits from good visual effects, great equipment and props, but mostly from fulfilling fans' almost life long dream of a live action tv expansion of the Star Wars universe.

So, Game of Thrones still had to earn the fans admiration by itself. BoBF completely leans on its predecessors. Hopefully, this will not happen with the GoT prequels.

25 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

BoBF completely leans on its predecessors. Hopefully, this will not happen with the GoT prequels.

I actually had a discussion about this with my son. I said The Book Of Boba Fett only revisites or repeats what we already have seen. It doesn't show or create anything new. It's like it's written by fans who love to limit themselves by constantly referencing to the OT. That's boring to me. One of the reasons why I loved Star Wars was that each episode took us to new places, showed us new worlds. OTOH, my son likes that the TV series goes deeper into those same places and characters, but personally, I think it demystifies everything. 

• 1 month later...

Remember when GoT was THE greatest event everyone talked about? Seems like ages ago. 

I just noticed that the dragon in the logo has 4 legs + wings...Maybe the dragons here are four legged? I remember they said in GOT that in breeding domesticated dragons their ruined the species.... Maybe that's why the latter dragons are more like wyverns.

Yeah i thought it was several two legged dragons, with all the heads and each pair of legs were from different dragons. But now i see that the legs are all from the front dragon. Im not sure if it is a three headed dragon though.... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...