Batu Sener

LSH

1 hour ago, SilverTrumpet said:

Didn't I read somewhere that he wrote Corellia Chase from Solo? That's a hell of a track.

I think it was more of a "Powell + Batu combo", right? Either way, if Batu did this cue on his own, congratulations to him, it might be the best action cue of that score.

I doubt Sener had a particularly major role in writing "Corellia Chase," given that Powell posted the sheet music for that cue on YouTube without giving credit to Sener. 

In any event, I completely agree about the two Ice Age scores. Gorgeous stuff: 

Some great action writing in here as well: 

See also: 

14 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I think it was more of a "Powell + Batu combo", right? Either way, if Batu did this cue on his own, congratulations to him, it might be the best action cue of that score.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a co-credit.

Not sure how reliable this website is but that cue appears to credited to both of them.

https://hans-zimmer.com/discography/229/project/3306

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Part 1 album from Atatürk is out.

What do you guys think?

After a first listen, I feel like there a some really good things in there.

I can start to hear Sener's style… Especially if we compare it to his "Lugano Impressions", which is a really good Cello and Piano short album. After all, Charles Tyler is the solo cellist on both projects.

Unfortunate that the show will only come in 2024 on Disney+, but I'll certainly listen to the music a couple times until then.

IMG_E3DCF67066B3-1.jpeg

All in all, I'm just very happy Sener has quite a big project on his own. I think he has a bright future as a composer ahead of him!

Listened to a lot of this as am impressed by Sener's work with Powell. Here - not sure. It is standard bio music, some interesting progressions and colours, but really, it's not anything to write home about. Sener did the job - the score functions - a release came out - okay.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

His name does sound like the name for a Star Wars character :lol:

"We must confer with Master Batu Sener about the dire situation in Utapau..."

Always two there are. A master and an apprentice. Alas John Powell just isn’t a Jedi Master name. 

Master Powell was under a Padawan under Master Zimmer, a former Jedi exiled from the Order due to his forbidden experiments with synths and power anthems. After climbing in the ranks of the Order, Powell went searching for the knowledge of the powerful Jedi High Council leader Master John Williams to study the seemingly forgotten art of the orchestral film scoring, then under attack by Zimmer's acolytes.

A better plot than the SW sequels! :lol:

Just now, Edmilson said:

Master Powell was under a Padawan under Master Zimmer, a former Jedi exiled from the Order due to his forbidden experiments with synths and power anthems. After climbing in the ranks of the Order, Powell went searching for the knowledge of the powerful Jedi High Council leader Master John Williams to study the seemingly forgotten art of the orchestral film scoring, then under attack by Zimmer's acolytes.

JP to HZ.... “When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.”

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

A better plot than the SW sequels! :lol:

It certainly has better characters and makes more sense ;-)