David Arnold's HOT FUZZ (2007) - 2022 Back Lot Music score album

Jay

Nice, I knew the complete score was out there, but I didn't realise there had been an official release on vinyl. I hope Theme From Hot Fuzz is without the dialogue.

Edit: it is. Good. Oh how I miss Arnold.

Thanks for posting, I will check this out. I've been wanting to hear more of this after hearing the Suite. 

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm glad this has been releasd, I'm not a fan of the "suite" format. The first track is the highlight - getting it in full and without dialogue.

The rest is hit and miss. There's great music mixed amongst some truly abnoxious electronics, anvil hits and generally unpleasnt music. And because it's all combined within longer tracks, there's nothing you can do about it.

Assembling an album from the complete score still appears to be the best option.

When I first saw the tracklist, I thought, is this meant to be the complete score? Then I saw the length of the suite. And yeah, I don't like that presentation either - you can arrange things for listening without putting 20 minutes of it together.

It strikes me that this should have just been the album that came out with the film, rather than trying to do a mashup of songs and score, which rarely works to the satisfaction of either party.

I saw the film years ago, but don't really remember the music much. I'll give it a whirl on Spotify to see whether I remember anything.