The John Williams Orchestra Library at the Juilliard School

BrotherSound

Did we somehow miss that the Juilliard School in NYC named their orchestra library after Williams back in 2011? Surprisingly, I can’t find a reference to it anywhere on this site. A friend mentioned that JW stopped by Juilliard and this library today.

F44FB576-5BC6-4112-91C5-371F6B333E41.jpeg

http://journal.juilliard.edu/journal/recent-events-december-2011-january-2012

JOHN WILLIAMS ORCHESTRA LIBRARY DEDICATION EVENT October 26, 2011

Faculty, staff, and friends of Juilliard gathered to honor John Williams (’55, composition) in renaming the Ensemble Library the John Williams Orchestra Library. A ribbon-cutting ceremony in front of the library was followed by a reception in the President’s Office, where students performed two of Williams’s works. (Photo by Chad Heird)

Because Julliard is very over rated and I don't really think they're going to do any of that. His library would be much better off with the Sacher foundation. I personally think they will guard them for there own greedy purposes and not really allow academics outside the school access to them for study, whereas Sacher allows anyone to have a look (if you are actually working on something, unfortunately its not a museum yet).

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, SilverTrumpet said:

Really? That's an impressive one, if so. Really backs up my theory that lots of big websites have bots writing their articles. 

Not Doctor Qui, the guy who commented above me. He/it just copy/pasted the sentence from another comment. The pfp is AI generated (look closely, especially at the hair area) :lol:

8 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Not Doctor Qui, the guy who commented above me. He/it just copy/pasted the sentence from another comment. The pfp is AI generated (look closely, especially at the hair area) :lol:

He also added a random insert in the middle of Qui's quote.

19 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Who says I'm not a bot? One day the world will be ready to accept us 😭