Will you listen to Williams' Obi-Wan Theme before watching the series?

crumbs

Will you listen to Williams' Obi-Wan Theme before watching the series?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will you listen to Williams' Obi-Wan Theme before watching the series?

• Yes, assuming it's made available in advance
    • No, I'll wait until watching the series
    • Undecided

JW's Obi-Wan theme might be the last piece Williams ever writes for Star Wars (yeah, I know we've gone through this routine before).

So the question is: will you wait until the series starts and listen to the new theme for the first time with the show itself?

Or, assuming Disney/LFL release his theme as a single beforehand, will you listen before watching the show?

Personally I'm undecided. Could be fun to keep it a surprise and guess which theme is John's while watching the show (presumably the end credits will confirm it). But on the other hand, I already did that with the 3 Star Wars sequels and it might be more fun knowing the theme in advance, like I did with Solo.

This new theme is personnaly the only thing I'm really looking forward to so I'll listen to it the moment it will be available.

Plus the last SW themes were butchered for the movie so not taking any chance here

If he were scoring the show himself, I might have waited but nah. I'm definitely curious about the show and will watch but not that invested in the theme as score like I was for 7-9. I just wanna hear the piece. 

As someone who does give a s*** about the series and likes pretty much all the Star Wars stuff of the last 8 years outside of Solo and TROS, I think I'm going to wait and experience it in the show.  But it might depend on how much in advance it's released, if it is released in advance.  Like if it's released on the 25th, very easy to just not read about or listen to it for two days; not so easy to do that if it's 3 weeks in advance.

I always listen to new Williams music the first chance I get. I'm much more of a music fan than a series or movie fan. I wouldn't in a million years delay by a second the chance to hear new music. What if I waited a day for some reason and I got hit by a bus? It could happen.

7 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

I don't give a s*** about the series. So, yes, as soon as the theme is available, I'll listen to it.

Me too. I really don't care about the show, just give me the Williams theme and I'll be happy.

I will inevitably be at work when it releases, so my big decision will just be whether to break the seal on cheesy laptop speakers, cheesy classroom speakers, or cheesy (but probably more immersive) earbuds.