Mike Matessino: "At least 5" new Williams releases due this year

Jay

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hmm, I don't think so.

It was Roger who shared the Sugarland and Rare Breed news, and his quotes are in this thread.

Roger shared the Rare Breed and Story of a Woman news; Sugarland had been previously revealed, I think possibly on the FSM board by Mike.

Yavar

1 hour ago, Bounty95 said:

So no matter how pessimistic people may be, I still believe SW and Hook will come out during my lifetime 😁 in Mike I trust! 

Ah, the choices of life.  Eat right, exercise regularly, a bit of good luck, and one gets a complete SW.  French fries and White Russians, no deal, other than a complete and remastered Rogue One.  

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Only listened today, so new to the debate. Does MM mean that other than those two he hopes to finish, no other JW is coming? No previously held up title will come through until the end of the year? And I hope his big non-JW title is HP4!

There weren't any plans to do GoF as of June 2020, but who knows since then.

12 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Roger shared the Rare Breed and Story of a Woman news; Sugarland had been previously revealed, I think possibly on the FSM board by Mike.

Yavar

Yes, I believe it was on FSM I first heard about the SUGARLAND veto, but from Roger Feigelson, not Mike. The STORY veto, I think I first heard from James Fitzpatrick years ago in my thread there (before the London Q&A with Mike).

Other tidbits have surfaced about some of the unreleased titles over the years. I remember Lukas Kendall once said he had looked into releasing DADDY'S GONE A-HUNTING, but could not find the materials or something to that effect. No veto, though, as many of the wonderful FSM JW premieres at the time seemed to slip by "unnoticed".

12 hours ago, Holko said:

Me neither. That better have changed!

Well, in all fairness, an expansion might already have been in the works on WB/LLL's orders without Doyle having been consulted. I'm so surprised by his level of amazement that anyone would want it to happen.

That's just how he talks I think - a combination of a heavy accent and speaking as fast as I do sometimes.

11 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Well, in all fairness, an expansion might already have been in the works on WB/LLL's orders without Doyle having been consulted. I'm so surprised by his level of amazement that anyone would want it to happen.

That's the thing that occurred to me as well - working on it without consulting Doyle, although considering LLL and Intrada's good working relationship with composers, it seems unlikely to me that they would expand something as big as Potter without at least calling Doyle and asking for his input/blessing.

On 22/05/2022 at 4:21 PM, Brando said:

Is there more info regarding the T2 status? I’d love to read more about it, the score is awesome!

Well that's all I'd heard from other people, but did a little digging and found this from 2020

That's really interesting, although I think he's confusing bits that the music editor cobbled together and genuine missing sequences.

Although he's absolutely right in the assertion that those of us wanting the entire score are unusually aware of the music in the film. That perfectly describes my approach.

Also, he talkes about 'I didn't feel like I left off anything important' and the only limit being what could fit on a CD.... the album is 53 minutes. Granted, the entire score is ~15 mins or so too long for a CD, but that's a confusing remark.

I think there's defintiely an element of the composer being too close to their score at the time of writing it, to judge which bits will be most wanted on album, and certainly not being able to judge whether people will want the entire score.

8 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Well that's all I'd heard from other people, but did a little digging and found this from 2020

Well that makes a lot of sense....It'd be nice if Fiedel was aware of fans wanting an expanded release of both scores and tried looking for the tapes himself and leading the charge there.

12 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

That's really interesting, although I think he's confusing bits that the music editor cobbled together and genuine missing sequences.

This right here.

Although the "T-1000 running" material of that mall cue was in a sense "copied" into Escape From The Hospital, there is loads of stuff missing that is not related to the chase.

17 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

He's not drunk, he's just Scottish :lol:

They all talk like that.

I live among them; I should know.

Do they really all wear kilts, play bagpipes and suck at tennis ( oh, right, one of the won Wimbledon)

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

There's two re-recordings, one on Koch and the other on RCA with the composer conducting, both from the 90s. Pubs doesn't particularly like the Sedares one, but don't listen to him, it's perfectly fine, if not as energetic.

And the Hallelujah Trail overture makes it a must have anway.

On 23/05/2022 at 7:36 PM, Yavar Moradi said:

Sugarland had been previously revealed, I think possibly on the FSM board by Mike.

Yavar

I can find the quote for it on FSM through Google, but for some reason when I go to it it doesn't display, but it was either MV or Mike, here's how it shows up on Google -

Screenshot_20220603-014637~2.png

1 hour ago, Groovygoth666 said:

I can find the quote for it on FSM through Google, but for some reason when I go to it it doesn't display, but it was either MV or Mike, here's how it shows up on Google -

Screenshot_20220603-014637~2.png

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28632-universal-classics-collection-from-universal-pictures-mike-matessino/&do=findComment&comment=1537813

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Cheers Jay, so it was MV that said Sugarland was a no go, but I remembered Crumbs said here that Mike mentioned having a plan to convince Williams but that's possibly the last either spoke of it.

• 1 month later...

@JayDid you ever reveal what score you were talking about here in the WotW thread? Has this one come out yet? 🤔

My favorite assembly of bonus tracks that works as its own mini album yet is coming out next year and I can't wait for everyone to hear it.  It's a masterpiece of album production.

I wonder what could be

born 4th july? Concert versions an alternates make a ost cd like jaws or ET?

the patriot? Period source cues that could make an album on their own?

Hook would make sense...the title was supposed to come out in 2021, Hook's 30th anniversary. 

13 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

I'm betting on Hook sources and alternates which can make a terrific program

Exactly. 

Hook makes the most sense though Amistad could have a nice collection of concert suites & alternates, depending on what was recorded.

Likewise Memoirs of a Geisha, but sadly that's a victim of the new AFM fee structure.

@Jay What a boss move, “what are your favorite bonus track selection ever?” - “They haven’t been released yet.😎

And that is when we have 56 expanded scores out of 109!

Makes me curious about what this is, to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

There are Expansions and there are re-issues. JP is just a reissue (albiet with some refinements) I wonder if we have an expansion or another reissue coming up ?  Tis the 90th season :)

Haha, I'm still just trying to find the time to really enjoy and digest Presumed InnocentSpaceCamp, A Gathering of Friends, Violin Concerto No. 2 and Obi-Wan. I still think/hope the highlight of the year will be The Fabelmans, though! For me anyway!

1 hour ago, QuartalHarmony said:
  •  
  • Indy (Original trilogy, as it were)

I hope they don't do Indy just yet. Wait a few years, which will be agonizing, then release a box set of all 5 scores, that way they can do all 5 at once and be done with it.

45 minutes ago, Gibster said:

No excuse not to have the Star Wars scores released yet. LF/Disney is clearly blocking them

Not necessarily. Mike said (2 years ago?) that everyone involved wants them to happen (which would include WDR obviously). John was really the only one holding them up, at least until relatively recently if Mike's comments also include him. Of course it's going to take way more than 2 years, especially if they plan on doing all of the films at once. The 3-film HP boxset alone took several years iirc.

11 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Not necessarily. Mike said (2 years ago?) that everyone involved wants them to happen (which would include WDR obviously). John was really the only one holding them up, at least until relatively recently if Mike's comments also include him. Of course it's going to take way more than 2 years, especially if they plan on doing all of the films at once. The 3-film HP boxset alone took several years iirc.

The Potter box took years to approve, not years to assemble. Star Wars could come out this Christmas for all we know.