Bernard Hermann's THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH & ON DANGEROUS GROUND - Intrada Records 2022 Kickstarter

New Intrada Kickstarter Coming soon!

I can't reveal the titles just yet, but we're hoping by late next week we'll be announcing a new Kickstarter campaign. This will require the largest sum to date, so it will be a test for sure. Get your wallet ready! And no, it's not Joan of Arc.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8905

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be hard to record a Death Hunt that can live up to Gerhardt's version (partly because he got the *sound* so right and a drier recording probably wouldn't let the horns shine as much), but sure, count me in!

47 minutes ago, publicist said:

Since we have Gerhardt's, i don't mind. But there's actually more great stuff in that score, as well as slow-tempo variations of the Death Hunt theme.

Certainly. And I have the FSM as well, I should listen to it again…

I would rather have FRENZY...😒

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Certainly. And I have the FSM as well, I should listen to it again…

I had that and traded it away.

Sound quality was wretched.

The Gerhardt is fantastic!

On 18/05/2022 at 7:18 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

It'll be hard to record a Death Hunt that can live up to Gerhardt's version (partly because he got the *sound* so right and a drier recording probably wouldn't let the horns shine as much), but sure, count me in!

It will be interesting to see if Stromberg can surpass his own recording of Death Hunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Doug says

The decision to go with these two scores was actually a consortium of minds here: Roger and i have talked about The Man Who Knew Too Much for many years, On Dangerous Ground is a favorite of William Stromberg's, and our contractor in Europe, Paul Talkington, is an amazing supporter of everything we do together. ODG is badly in need of a full length, state-of-the-art new recording. William and i talked at length about just what was involved in the scoring for TMWKTM, being a shorter score and as it it turned out - yayyy! - we discovered there is additional music that Herrmann wrote for the movie that was never used. So we started jumping at the thought of doing the 30-35 minutes of music Herrmann wrote for this Alfred Hitchcock movie, the last Herrmann/Hitchcock film score yet to be released. This now gave us a 45-minute score and one running just over a half hour, that would result in an incredibly exciting and well-packed album.

One of the cool tidbits that excites me, if not our audience, is that we'll be doing that spectacular "Death Hunt" in ODG with the scoring for full orchestra that includes eight French horns, six trombones, six trumpets... and two tubas! What a sound! And the solo viola d'amore will make for a beautifully haunting contrast. As to TMWKTM, that "Prelude is one masterful piece of brass and tympani-led excitement. With maestro Stromberg's expert knowledge of these two scores and his ability to get both passion and nuance from our players, this should be a really fantastic release to make Bernard Herrmann fans delirious! :D

--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85125#p85125

• 2 weeks later...

On its fifth day out of the gate, this Kickstarter is already halfway to its goal of $50,000! (Technically, for The Man Who Knew Too Much to be included as well, the stretch goal takes it to $60,000.)

Here's the link, for anyone here who wants in!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/129145902/on-dangerous-ground-the-man-who-knew-too-much-new-recordings

Yavar

Wow!

I'll wait to see the final product.

Im worried this will be another " collection of cues" release as BH tended to write many short cues

On 30/05/2022 at 4:29 AM, Jay said:

One of the cool tidbits that excites me, if not our audience, is that we'll be doing that spectacular "Death Hunt" in ODG with the scoring for full orchestra that includes eight French horns, six trombones, six trumpets... and two tubas! What a sound!