SPACECAMP (1986) - NEW! 2022 2-CD Intrada Records

Jay

I also always said it the first way and I also have never heard anyone else say it out loud so have no idea what's right or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd assume Maurizio and Tim are correct :)

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

So is that really how Kunzel is supposed to be pronounced?  I've always said "KUNzull" not "kunZELL", having never heard the name spoken by anyone.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

So is that really how Kunzel is supposed to be pronounced?  I've always said "KUNzull" not "kunZELL", having never heard the name spoken by anyone.

I let Google record "Kunzel" pronounced the German way, and the second hit was Erich Kunzel – Wikipedia.

Pronouncing "Kunzel" the Anglo-Saxon way ("Cunsl"), Google suggested Kanzler – Wikipedia.

9 hours ago, Amer said:

Mine also shipped. I guess foreign orders get priority or is it?

well mine hasn't, still waiting for fulfilment! Whatever that means.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I ain't furrin!

But come where I live and you will be...hehehhe

The natives had a name when the Westerners came to this part of the world 1800's.....foreigners were called FERENGI  !!!!   (Yes, Gene Roddenberry was a well read man)

To those of you who have ordered this and will be receiving it shortly, I hope you can come back here when you've read the liner notes and clear up that "Training Montage" mystery. It's the only reason I keep opening the thread, LOL!

17 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I evidently haven't been following this properly... what's the mystery with that cue?

I'm curious who did the synth/disco/pop backdrop arrangement/programming.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Oh, right. Is it a non-score cue? (I know next to nothing about this score)

No, it's in the film, for the montage sequence when the kids play around at the camp (if memory serves, it's been ages since I saw the film).

18 minutes ago, Gibster said:

Is there any way to purchase this digitaly?

You mean to download it?

image.png

On 19/05/2022 at 10:20 AM, Thor said:

To those of you who have ordered this and will be receiving it shortly, I hope you can come back here when you've read the liner notes and clear up that "Training Montage" mystery. It's the only reason I keep opening the thread, LOL!

There is no mystery whatsoever about Training Montage. The piece is composed by John Williams as the rest of the score is. Mike's liner notes do not address specific people who did synth programming. The musicians roster lists Alan Pasqua (a noted keyboardist of the rock/pop world) among the keyboardists together with Ralph Grierson, Mike Lang and Chet Swiatkowksi, so it's probably him doing synth work on that cue. The great Neil Stubenhaus is playing the electric bass and drum legend Vinnie Colaiuta is listed among the percussionists so it's very likely him playing drums on that.

Well, "probably" and "likely" still constitute a mystery to me. I always thought the cue sounded a bit like Vince DiCola at that time. But thanks for the run-down, shame no synth programming was listed in the liner notes.

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You can leave the thread now @Thor :lol:

Yeah. Mystery still not properly solved, but nice to have some names in the personell, at least. My 2010 Intrada release doesn't have any of that.

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah. Mystery still not properly solved, but nice to have some names in the personell, at least. My 2010 Intrada release doesn't have any of that.

You can buy this brand new expanded release to fix that! :)