Jurassic Park theme in pop culture

Maestro

Calling on the JWFan-hive: I'm producing a radio story for NPR about how the Jurassic Park theme transcended the film and has infiltrated pop culture, and I'm trying to find examples of it being used in other settings. I'm thinking Simpsons / Family Guy / Saturday Night Live / sitcom gags, references in other movies and TV shows, viral videos / memes, etc. Can you all help me out with any notable examples? Thanks a million!

Tim

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Calling on the JWFan-hive: I'm producing a radio story for NPR about how the Jurassic Park theme transcended the film and has infiltrated pop culture, and I'm trying to find examples of it being used in other settings. I'm thinking Simpsons / Family Guy / Saturday Night Live / sitcom gags, references in other movies and TV shows, viral videos / memes, etc. Can you all help me out with any notable examples? Thanks a million!

Tim

(1) This sounds like an awesome story you're putting together and you have to let us know when it airs, Tim!

(2) In exchange for that, I'll track down the instances the JP theme has been used in the Simpsons. I know it was used at least once, probably a decade ago. Let me dig into it.]

EDIT: OK, the instance I was remembering is in episode 14, season 22 ("Angry Dad: The Movie") at 14:07, where it plays over a montage of Homer hogging all the credit from Bart for an animated movie they made.

EDIT 2: Season 31, episode 21 ("The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds"), starting at 3:40. Lisa learns that her new friend owns horses. They set it up just like in the movie, with Lisa even wearing Dr. Grant's outfit.

EDIT 3: Season 6, episode 6 ("Treehouse of Horror V") @ 10:19. Homer transports himself back in time and marvels at the dinosaurs around him. Note that the music here only imitates the JP theme, but in a way that it's impossible to mistake the reference.

EDIT 4: Season 30, episode 4 ("Treehouse of horror XXIX") @ 16:45. A parody of the JP theme plays during a promo video for "Geriatric Park," which is itself a parody of Jurassic Park.

You may include the anecdote how Williams visited J.S. Bach's old church, the Thomaskirche in Leipzig, Germany, on October 10th 2021. As he was exiting, the organist begun to play the Jurassic Park hymn and Williams said 'now I can die'.

Here is a photo from the church:

May be an image of one or more people and indoor

The source is one of those high profile interviews, was that The New York Times?

Not sure this will count, and I have to say I really despise this but it seems to have spread virally on TikTok and the likes. So now, whenever I mention JW or Jurassic Park to a friend they "know the words".

It's a little skit on an English panel show called 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

[I'm sorry]

• 2 months later...

Tim, if you’re still working on this piece (and I hope you are), I came across a reference in the webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe: 

https://xkcd.com/324/

Another (albeit oblique) candidate comes from the Fox animated show Duncanville. In season 2, episode 11, Annie introduces her newfound passion as a bird lady to her family à la John Hammond and the music at that moment is meant to evoke the majesty of the JP theme. (The show is available on hulu.)