Obi-Wan Theme debuts at Star Wars Celebration, conducted by John Williams

Jay

Just now, Jay said:

Oh I was wrong it's not part of the lives stream video, it already happened!

Well I think the stream will be of the panel happening now, just on a delay and presumably with stuff edited out.  So maybe it will be there and maybe it won't.

Oh man I can already tell this live stream will be so cringe, ugh.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ahhh

Looks like they're just showing the teasers that debuted during the panel, so my bet is it's not likely the Williams part will be shown.

1 minute ago, Falstaft said:

Will update as more becomes available!

Well you can hear about a minute of the cue between the 3 different clips posted above

carnt believe that no one got the whole thing!  They must have!  I have got tears in my eyes watching this. The bit with harrison ford as well ! Its got me! And i havent seen the whole thing!

This stream is the content they thought would be more compelling than just streaming the big panel itself?

Because this cringey crowd pandering fluff got me like

Good Bye Reaction GIF

Strong Bruckner influence here, eh, @Falstaft? (A composer I hadn’t really thought of in connection with JW before, until Frank pointed out the influence on some other more recent Star Wars music.)

Just now, BrotherSound said:

Strong Bruckner influence here, eh, @Falstaft? (A composer I hadn’t really thought of in connection with JW before, until Frank pointed out the influence on some other more recent Star Wars music.)

Between Galaxy's Edge and this, I'm loving Williams's late-in-life turn to Bruckner!

I love the little hit to open the piece.

The brass choir segment is beyond cool.  

The ostinato at times sounds a bit like Gold's Dr. Who to me--nice, but a tiny bit distracting consequently.

24 minutes ago, Drew said:

I hope this is an official concert suite that gets released as a single tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

Karol

The subdued theme itself might get some time getting used to. But I certainly dig the composition and tone. It certainly fits the tone I imagine this series to have. I can't wait to hear it in crisp quality (tomorrow?).

Karol

The way I see it, the theme reflects the life he's been living since ROTS ended and the show begins, not necessarily what adventures he'll get up to in the show

Those "happy birthdays" are painful.  

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

This is the most ostinato-y theme suite I've ever heard from JW.

Jaws?  Superman?