Obi-Wan Theme debuts at Star Wars Celebration, conducted by John Williams

Jay

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Surprised nobody else mentioned this, I discussed it briefly with @BrotherSound elsewhere. Several bars were trimmed from the start as well.

My theory is JW prepared this abridged version for the Indy 5 OST, presumably track 1. The complete suite doesn't make sense if Marion isn't in the film, but he probably felt obliged to include the march somewhere on the new OST (outside the inevitable end credits appearance).

Not only that; the beginning of the B section of the theme (or whatever it’s called, the bit before Marion’s theme) has been cut. In general, everything is shorter.

13 hours ago, Tydirium said:

Not only that; the beginning of the B section of the theme (or whatever it’s called, the bit before Marion’s theme) has been cut. In general, everything is shorter.

Did he do the same with the Temple of Doom Album Version of the end credits?

Listened again. Yeah, this is really trimmed, more than I'd thought.  It's the bare minimum really.  This is too short I think.  Appropriate for a fan convention promotion, but I would not want this to be a standard thing, although I agree playing the full version with Marion's theme right after playing the concert arrangement of Marion's Theme is redundant.