Obi-Wan Theme released as a single!

Jay

Love it. Though the force theme would have worked wonders too.

it just saddens me this or a similar wiliams composition could have been rogue one’s hope theme for giacchino to work around.

So much more crisp and up tempo (natural for a studio recording).  I love it. 

I did not notice any differences, other than the very opening is not as pronounced.  

1 hour ago, BrotherSound said:

There’s a short woodwind/vibraphone note at the very beginning that’s present on the live performance but not this recording.

Interesting!

8 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I just can't over the fact that Williams in his late 80's and early 90's is composing some of his best tracks EVER .Pretty mind boggling.

Galaxy's Edge Symphonic Suite

The Rise of Skywalker

The Adventures of Han

The Rebellion is Reborn

And now this.

And Now This is my favorite Williams theme 

it's very pretty

i'm reminded of Spider-Man PS4 for some reason

47 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Love it. Though the force theme would have worked wonders too.

we're past the need to repeat things over and over

4 minutes ago, Brónach said:

i'm reminded of Spider-Man PS4 for some reason

Man, you're now the third person to bring up this comparison here!

16 hours ago, Alex said:

The first notes reminded me of John Paesano’s Spider-Man theme.

5 hours ago, rolltide1017 said:

I thought this as well.  Probably because I've been playing the game for the first time this year and that Spider-Man theme plays every time you swing around the city so, you hear it A LOT.

I'll have to check out this theme you are all comparing it to - what track, specifically?

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Man, you're now the third person to bring up this comparison here!

I'll have to check out this theme you are all comparing it to - what track, specifically?

Around 18 seconds

52 minutes ago, Holko said:

Wow, I like it a lot better like this!

It is the JWfan.com way, according to some crappy phone recording or midi mock up, these themes are dissed. I hate this forum. Wonderful music.

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Around 18 seconds

Thanks, I can hear what you guys are talking about

11 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

It is the JWfan.com way, according to some crappy phone recording or midi mock up, these themes are dissed. I hate this forum. Wonderful music.

Oh come on, it was just harder to grasp it in a crappy format than in this proper presentation, I never dissed it anyway

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Oh fuck off, it was just harder to grasp it in a crappy format than in this proper presentation, I never dissed it anyway

Sorry, I didn't mean you, you are cool!!

It has just happened many times.

The official youtube video has these credits:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

Obi-Wan (From "Obi-Wan Kenobi") · John Williams

Obi-Wan

℗ 2022 Lucasfilm Ltd.

Released on: 2022-05-27

Conductor, Producer: John Williams
Studio  Personnel, Recording  Engineer, Mixer: Shawn Murphy
Studio  Personnel, Editor: Ramiro Belgardt
Studio  Personnel, Editor: Robert Wolff
Composer: John Williams

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

I just can't over the fact that Williams in his late 80's and early 90's is composing some of his best tracks EVER .Pretty mind boggling.

Galaxy's Edge Symphonic Suite

The Rise of Skywalker

The Adventures of Han

The Rebellion is Reborn

And now this.

The majesty of this track is off the charts

Don't forget Adagio and the ASM versions of Across The Stars and Han Solo and the Princess too (and the 2018 version of Han Solo and the Princess)

40 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

So, there’s now John Williams Star Wars music from the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s: six different decades!

Depending on your point of view, we already got new JW SW music in the 2020s via the new ASM version of Han Solo and the Princess

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

My first impressions are (if we are comparing one-off’s) I prefer this to Galaxy’s Edge.  It’s more focused and thematically solid. 

I still prefer Galaxy's Edge but this is really good

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anyone else listening to this on repeat today instead of listening to other things you probably should be?

Well I don't think I have something I should absolutely listen to over this new theme but yes I have listened to it quite a few times today if you count the live version before the official recording of the suite was released. :lol: 

I should probably go back to listening to A Gathering of Friends again. Just for a change. :) 

Just listened to the concert suite, and yeah, it does sounds similar to Spiderman.

I wonder if JW saw one of his grand-grandsons playing the game and was like "You know, I could use that for Star Wars! Need to call Kathy" :D

43 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anyone else listening to this on repeat today instead of listening to other things you probably should be?

I've listened to it on Spotify 2 times, but now I'm waiting for it to be available to purchase on 7Digital Canada. I want to get used to a lossless version, not to a 320 kbps mp3. :(

Yea I just checked the US 7Digital and its still not there

If you subscribe to Tidal, they office lossless streaming

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea I just checked the US 7Digital and its still not there

If you subscribe to Tidal, they office lossless streaming

Is Tidal really better?

not trying to sound dumb but I had a 3 month trial and didn’t notice any difference at all from Apple Music

Noticing a difference from a well-made lossy file to a true lossless file is dependent on your equipment and your ears.  In many situations the difference is not noticeable.  In others it is.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think it's more likely that Paesano was subconsciously emulating a style he heard from Williams

This is basically how I feel when Giacchino gets brought up too, or even more obviously Haab. It feels like statistically something new John Williams writes is going to sound a little like something they wrote eventually. He would have to stop sounding so much like John Williams to avoid that. 

Is nobody going to mention the obvious fact that the ending of this is completely different from the ending of the live performance yesterday? I'm a bit let-down; imo, the live version's ending is better, with the recap of the ostinato figure from the middle... Overall I love the theme, though.

2 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

There’s a short woodwind/vibraphone note at the very beginning that’s present on the live performance but not this recording.

Yep, noticed that too.