Obi-Wan Theme released as a single!

Jay

18 minutes ago, Dr. Know said:

Getting nervous -- are we going to get an OBI WAN album this week or not?

It wouldn't release until Friday would be my bet.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I reckon it will be quite a disappointing album, with only Holt's material except for the new theme/suite by JW.

If they publish in addition a separate album with the Ross/Williams stuff this wouldn't be the worst way to publish it.

38 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Holt said "late June", so I assume Friday at the absolute earliest.

Where did she say this?

Happy to see there's approximately 26 minutes of Ross/Williams on the album, in addition to the suite released previously, and the end titles (so that's about 34 minutes of orchestral goodness).  I'll give Holt's tracks a listen at least once, but imagine I will leave most of them off my playlist.

Full tracklist and samples here:

https://www.disneymusiclicensing.com/album/MTk2NDEzNS04N2FhMmI

Releases 6/27/22

It's a TV score, lower your expectations of theorical "unity". TV scores are MOODY stuff at 200 %.

It worked very well in the series, that's all.

Does it have a future?  Well... not really, like all the other multi-composers TV stuff in my sense...  In those big boxset of TV scores they released in the last years, you always finish to listen to the compositions of "one" composer... That's perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Love ya, Bespin, but I have to disagree that we should set our expectations for TV scores lower.  Especially now that that's where viewership has shifted.  The 70s had TV scores that worked very well on I'm sure small budgets.  Salem's Lot and Battlestar Galactica come to mind.

Plus I think we can agree that this is Star Wars, and not an ordinary TV series.  With a rich history of almost singlehandedly bringing symphonic music back to film scoring, the expectations should be consistent with that of a feature film, which it was originally planned to be.

Thank you for sharing your playlist.   Mine will be identical.