What's the best version of the Avengers theme?

artguy360

A few weeks ago I discovered this Avengers Campus: Welcome Recruits arrangement of the Avenger's theme(s) and I think it has become my favorite version. The music is upbeat, bombastic, has some nice flourishes, and gives me everything I want from the Avengers theme. John Paesano wrote this arrangement and I think he did an awesome job. I'm enjoying it even with its 11 minute run time. Somehow the music sustains the energy and doesn't bore me with all the repetition.

https://youtu.be/zEx6fYhlusM

28 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

A few weeks ago I discovered this Avengers Campus: Welcome Recruits arrangement of the Avenger's theme(s) and I think it has become my favorite version. The music is upbeat, bombastic, has some nice flourishes, and gives me everything I want from the Avengers theme. John Paesano wrote this arrangement and I think he did an awesome job. I'm enjoying it even with its 11 minute run time. Somehow the music sustains the energy and doesn't bore me with all the repetition.

https://youtu.be/zEx6fYhlusM

Well, this technically isn't just the Avengers theme, with the SHIELD, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Guardians, Black Panther, Ant-Man and (why?!) Captain Marvel themes appearing as well.

But this is the best arrangement of MCU music that we've ever had. Imagine this sort of thing in an Avengers movie.

Yeah, would love to buff up Silvestri, but that 2005 BB ostinato grinds the mind.....It has to be Elfman's amazing variation on it. He is just so fucking great with combining melodic strands into something cohesive.....but so desperately messy with his actual action music

1 hour ago, thestat said:

Yeah, would love to buff up Silvestri, but that 2005 BB ostinato grinds the mind.....

I dunno, the "One Shot" example posted above feels more a modernaized low version of the Raiders intro to me..

Favorite version: Elfman

Favorite Silvestri version:

• 2 weeks later...