Mark Griskey's STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II (Disney Records 2022)

crumbs

That’s odd…

At least on TIDAL “Final Battle” is very incorrect unless I’m remembering the game wrong

It’s a letdown because that track is nuts in the game. The one on the OST sounds like the Peragus battle track. Should’ve called it “First Battle” instead haha

6 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

That’s odd…

At least on TIDAL “Final Battle” is very incorrect unless I’m remembering the game wrong

It’s a letdown because that track is nuts in the game. The one on the OST sounds like the Peragus battle track. Should’ve called it “First Battle” instead haha

They're switched around (maybe Griskey intended for that one to be used for the final battle originally?) The one you're thinking of is titled "Combat 1".

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

They're switched around (maybe Griskey intended for that one to be used for the final battle originally?) The one you're thinking of is titled "Combat 1".

Yep that's the one, thanks for pointing that out I wasn't sure if it was on the OST

needed 0:45 because it goes so hard. The intensity is definitely more fitting for a final battle track

• 2 months later...

Greetings Mr. Griskey, if this is indeed the real Mr. Griskey.

Big fan of your soundtracks and I'm glad that they are being made available in an official capacity. I hope that you recieved a good chunk of the money I put towards purchasing said music. Even if not (and I hope this isn't insensitve to say), I feel like these releases can only be a net positive that your music is getting more exposure to more people and which could eventually swing you back into the Star Wars radar--only if those bridges haven't been burned for you of course.

On 01/09/2022 at 5:13 AM, mark griskey said:

Dear friends and fellow Star Wars fans... Please know the following

A: I am a huge Star Wars fan

B: I am a huge Star Wars Music fan ;}

C: I think J Williams is a godlike super human ;} 

D: I am so happy to hear that some of my fans are as upset as me that this Disney/Lucas deal has apparently ended my career! ???

I was rcruited by Lucas to be the only in-house composer within the entire Lucas empire.... I worked my ass off and tried to deliver the best music I possbly could for these people over a period of about 20 years now, but It's been super hard to deal with all the politics and quite frankley, shortsightness of the "powers that be" over in Lucasland. All sorts of weird stuff has happened since DIsney "aquired" Star Wars and the only conclusion I can make is that some lawyers pocketed Millions whilst I recieved an insulting royalty chack for about 3 dollars 50 cents USD.... IM NOT JOKING!!!! wow. So since then, any attempt I make to even TALK to Disney or Lucas regarding the possibilities of me continued to work on these franchises has been ignored... I was even reccomended by former LucasArts composer Wilbert Rojet, to compose music for a VR project with ILM (Lucas's renowned special effects studio), but these people didn;t even have the coutesy to return my email... they simply hired someone else (Who didn;t move their entire family to Marin county to work... or anything like that_)

I hate to say it, but the Darkside is alive and well in Lucasland! I don't think it's Disney that retried me... I beleive its Lucas, and I beleive the only reason is politics and lawyers (worried that my "loose" arrangment with Lucas in the past might now be a "liability" on their part.

Starangly! Disney records is now suddenly into relasing some of my material to be available on Spotify etc... for the very forst time... What is funny though, is that when I talk to them, they seem to treat me like "Some Old Guy" who "used to" compose music for them...!!!! Wow. I'm not even 60 and J Williams is 90!!!! What????\

The bottom line is this: To "my" fans and any fan of Star Wars and Star Wars Music. I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but G Lucas is in the business of becoming enormously wealthy.  He has many lawyers "buffering" him from people like you and me (Fans and "Assets Creators") I don't blame George, but it's likely he has never even heard my name... I also don't blame Disney ... It's Disney who reached out to me to FINALLY release my very first Star Wars game... Lucas always REFUSED.  To clarify, I mean Lucas' Lawyers always refused. The Disney Lawyers, at least see the value os rerleasing my work (even if they assume I'm a "Washed up Old Guy"

The weirdest part of all of this, is that my music composing skills (and orchestration/recording/mixing and producing skills are better than ever!!! ... 

once I understand how musch of my music Disney beleives they own, I can ask them politely again if I might possibly have my job back and be "Allowed" to continue to compose for this wonderful franchise called "Star Wars" until then... I just write music for myself that no-one will ever hear but me and few close friends... IT"S FRICKEN awesome BTW!!!! ;}

Again thanks so much and I apologize, because I really have just about zero control over my own career 

M G 

Quite surreal to see you on this forum! I would absolutely adore more Star Wars music from you and it is frustrating to hear that you're powerless to make that happen when you're so clearly passionate and willing. The only hope is that they eventually realize what a massive waste of talent ignoring you is, but even then it's not very nice to be valued so lowly by an employer. In terms of what is realistic, I hope that The Force Unleashed soundtracks get an album release so we can hear you and Jesse Harlin's work in a cohesive format, because right now it's very tricky to put together a cohesive sound experience for these two games given the mix of Williams material

Given your current relationship with Lucasfilm, I wanted to ask how much exactly you've been involved with the recent Star Wars The Old Republic expansions? I know you contributed music for the original game and I can swear I've seen your name pop up for some of the expansions but I couldn't figure out what exactly your contribution was. My personal theory is that you had a hand in this piece of music for Knights of the Eternal Throne because it evokes your work on the combat music for Knights of the Old Republic 2: 

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

Are any original cue titles known for this score?

The only titles I can locate are the ones on ASCAP, which just appear to be the new OST titles (and not including any of the unreleased cues).