Omni Music Publishing Updates

bruckhorn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 09/06/2022 at 11:16 AM, bruckhorn said:

Dracula (’92)

Omni published the cover art on their Facebook page yesterday

May be an image of text that says 'WOJCIECHKILAR WOJCIECH BRAM BRAMSTOER'S STOKER'S in Full Score MNIMUSIC MUSIC PUBLISHING'

source: https://www.facebook.com/OmniMusicPublishing/posts/532770382181920

According to this article: https://www.noahbalamucki.com/s/ScoreBooksArticle_PublishedVersion.pdf Omni is also planning on putting out The Burbs.  The author of the article also states that he is working on entering The Mask of Zorro for Omni. 

The article adds that upcoming releases for Neumation are For Your Eyes Only and Tiny Toon Adventures; also that the Safan score for Wolfen is being pursued.

• 1 month later...

Dude, give a guy a warning before giving him that much wood!

Something else to look forward to around Black Friday…

So Omni uploads covers to its Facebook page, but hasn’t posted text/update/status (whatever in the heck it is) since March.  Uh, that makes sense, how?

17 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

Good news for anyone who missed out on Omni Music Publishing’s (excellent) full score of Willow. They’ve now made it available again digitally: https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/willow-score-only-digital-sheet-music/22381156?ac=1&aff_id=742017

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gibster said:

After the Re-Release of Total Recall the next score is The Fugitive

How do you know?

And why there is a second version of Total Recall? Were there errors in the first one?

2 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

How do you know?

And why there is a second version of Total Recall? Were there errors in the first one?

As for the second question: I have not seen any announcement from Omni concerning the need for a version 2.0 of Total Recall.  The first version of Batman had one page that didn't match the rest.  The difference was concert pitch vs. transposed (I don't recall which way the problem was), but that could be a reason to do a revision while also making tweaks based on reader feedback.  Trying to decipher the handwriting on the original scores can be difficult at times and the parts (if available to review) might have differences from the conductor's score.  There's a cue in Star Trek II that starts in 4/4 and has a metric change to 4/4 in the second bar.  That might be what's in the original hand-written score, but the metric change isn't a change, so it could be removed in a future revision if other discrepancies needed to be addressed.

I wonder if I should take the plunge and order some, or if it would be cheaper to wait and order them at full price from Schott in Europe (when they become available)

edit: Well, couldn't resist and ordered Star Trek II, Dracula, Poltergeist and Glory. Unfortunately Basic Instinct is out of stock.

unnamed.jpg

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

I wonder if I should take the plunge and order some, or if it would be cheaper to wait and order them at full price from Schott in Europe (when they become available)

unnamed.jpg

I think my partner will be stocking up for my birthdays for the next few years…

Damn… that beats waiting for unconfirmed Schott releases, but out of the three scores I want (PoltergeistBasic Instinct, and Sneakers), only Poltergeist is currently in stock.

1 hour ago, Gibster said:

Anyone else get hit with a pretty big shipping bill in the US for this? Was 16$ 

Cute. I ended up not ordering Poltergeist because shipping for a $42.50 score would be $67.62 (going with the cheapest option). Plus taxes and handling fees on top of that, and if it goes like last time, DHL charging about double the correct amount for taxes and refunding only about half of the excess fees after a lengthy email exchange. Help us, Schott Musikverlag, you're our only hope.

For anyone waiting on Omni publications at Schott Music, their newest addition is North by Northwest. Still, not a score that is a priority for me.

https://www.schott-music.com/en/north-by-northwest-no564845.html

I kind of regretted having bought 4 scores from USA. I'm expecting to have a heart attack when I see what I have to pay for customs for 4 scores!

By the way, I really think someone should interview Tim, or Chris Siddall, and find out how these scores are made, what are the decisions behind them, are there any good relationships with certain composers, what rights issues are there etc.

7 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

For anyone waiting on Omni publications at Schott Music, their newest addition is North by Northwest. Still, not a score that is a priority for me.

https://www.schott-music.com/en/north-by-northwest-no564845.html

Or just get it from Presto Music.

https://www.prestomusic.com/sheet-music/products/9392514--bernard-herrmann-north-by-northwest

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Well, I see it's more expensive. Unless it balances Schott's price with less shipping expenses.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Omni is switching to a new print company. It will take some time until the entire catalog is ready—probably a couple of months—but everything will return. The first release will be a 2nd edition of Total Recall, followed shortly by The Fugitive. Schott is planning to add Dracula and Star Trek II to their website next.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to ask, did anyone receive their package from the sales?

What price did it have written on the box?

Mine had the original price of the books, and not the price I paid (half), so I paid a lot at customs! (100 euros for 4 books)

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You should make a complaint to the seller.

I sent an email to Omni. Maybe they were compelled to write the original price by some law? I don't know...

I asked to find out..

On the total I paid 350 euros for 4 books!!

Next time, I'll know better. I'll wait for Schott to bring what I am interested in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

from facebook:

However, the other good news is that there are a lot of great books planned, starting with The Fugitive in July and a reprint of Dragon 1.

That update also mentioned how current stocks are going and most editions are currently (I believe) unavailable because of logistics changes. I just hope I'm not miscalculating by waiting for Schott to get more of the Omni catalogue.

3 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

That update also mentioned how current stocks are going and most editions are currently (I believe) unavailable because of logistics changes. I just hope I'm not miscalculating by waiting for Schott to get more of the Omni catalogue.

Yeah, I didn't understand much what happened, but I hope too Schott can bring the rest.

I'm especially interested in Basic Instinct and Streetcar named desire.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...