Jaws (in 3D) and E.T. IMAX Rereleases (2022)

Andy

Which recording is used in this trailer?

It's obviously beefed up with modern trailer-house stuff, like "Monster Rumble Riser No Perc", which you can hear on this page:

https://search.upright-music.dk/albums/d0b2f017-c5c3-4236-a3c4-3a509b5718c1/nojs?ahnr=365c0fff-b5bb-41a0-91d4-7004b7091258

Can anybody ID whatever other modern stuff is in the mix here?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Which recording is used in this trailer?

It's obviously beefed up with modern trailer-house stuff, like "Monster Rumble Riser No Perc", which you can hear on this page:

https://search.upright-music.dk/albums/d0b2f017-c5c3-4236-a3c4-3a509b5718c1/nojs?ahnr=365c0fff-b5bb-41a0-91d4-7004b7091258

Can anybody ID whatever other modern stuff is in the mix here?

I for sure heard The Shark Approaches but for the other bits I don’t think those are from any of the albums. The first bit sounds almost like the Main Titles but I don’t think it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from Jaws. It was so so so good. Must be the new 4K sound mix, I’ve only seen up to the blu ray release. Plenty of new sfx here and there, and certain scenes were great in the theater because of this. Hopefully they do this with more classic movies🤞

7 hours ago, Brando said:

Just got home from Jaws.

Did you see it in 3D?

Edit: Question to all Europeans on the forum: Are there 3D showings of Jaws anywhere in Europe? I can’t seem to find any…. Strange! Please post here if you have on in your city. :)

5 hours ago, rough cut said:

Did you see it in 3D?

Edit: Question to all Europeans on the forum: Are there 3D showings of Jaws anywhere in Europe? I can’t seem to find any…. Strange! Please post here if you have on in your city. :)

No, I don’t really care for 3D but I have not seen a single bad review of the 3D conversion. Apparently they did a fantastic job on it, so if you’re into 3D, go see it! 

Wow, I didn't think any IMAX presentations were in 3D.   That must've been incredible.  I would've loved that!  I dearly hope a 3D blu ray is released.  Once the Jurassic Park 3D was done, I've never watched it flat since then.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

It was Jawesome. 

Fixed.

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

I saw it in IMAX 2D today, at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. 

It was awesome. 

If you're there next week, they're showing Raiders I've heard.

They had fun art projected onto the screen before the movie, and were also playing Jaws music (the re-recording on shuffle).  I failed to snap a pic of it before, but snapped a pic after as it was projected onto the closing curtains

JawsTCL.jpg

Just returned from seeing it in 2D IMAX; it was great! However, the lights in the theater turned back on just as the end credits were rolling! Did anyone else experience that minor annoyance?

17 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

Just returned from seeing it in 2D IMAX; it was great! However, the lights in the theater turned back on just as the end credits were rolling! Did anyone else experience that minor annoyance?

I think mine did as well. That doesn't really bother cause its the credits and its like a minute and a half long. Nothing compares to Netflix cutting to the next recommended title for you.

Well I think after seeing it in 3D, then IMAX, and again in 3D, I can say I’ve done my part. 

The winner?  The 3D actually. It was just really, really special. Not to take away from the IMAX, but why isn’t IMAX the standard instead of typical multiplex theaters?

I really hope they release a 3D Blu Ray for me and the other 6 people demanding it. 

1 hour ago, Corellian2019 said:

In my theater the lights came on very quickly at the end of the end credits 

If they’re using a film print, it depends on where they put the cue tape and what they program the projector to do with each cue - are IMAX prints all film?  If digital, I suspect the cues are prebaked into the digital file by the distributor, although my time as a projectionist ended before widespread digital.  I don’t know if I’ve ever been to a theater in which the lights don’t come on at the start of the credits, though.

23 hours ago, Jay said:

In my theater the lights came on very quickly at the end of the end credits 

As a theatre manager, I can tell you that it is S.O.P. to place a cue to turn the lights up partway when the credits begin.  It's a liability thing.  There was no need to put one on Jaws, though, because the credits are short and the image onscreen puts out enough light for people to get up and walk out without falling down the stairs and breaking their necks.