Film Theme Arrangements from Gathering of Friends vs. from Violin concerto

GerateWohl

Mutter vs. Ma  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which arrangements do you prefer?

• The Cello Arrangements (3 Pieces from Schindler's List, With Malice Towards None, Prayer for Peace)
    • The Violin Arrangements (The Long Goodbye, Han Solo and the Princess, Marion's Theme)
    • no preference

Apart from the revised cello concerto or the violin concerto or Highwood Ghost we got on the two new publications a set of new arrangments of Williams classic film themes.

Which set do you prefer? Of course the answer to that question might have multiple dimensions like the arrangement itself, the choice of the themes, the performance, the recording or even the choice of the solo instrument. 

Anyway, which set of pieces is your favourite?

I have no preference, I'm just so glad to have both. I think both performances are incredible and that the themes choosen by Williams suite perfectly both instrument (A Prayer for Peace sounds like if it was composed for Cello now, same for Han Solo and the Princess).

The only piece I was septical at first was the Cello version of the Schindler's List's pieces but now I've listen to them I'm so glad it happened

That's interesting. For me on the Yo-Yo Ma album the pieces from Schindler's List are especially precious. The second piece overall. But my favourite of all is probably The Long Goodbye. That really unfolds in this version.

I'm glad to have them both. 

The Long Goodbye arrangement might be my favorite of all the Anne-Sophie versions, I love what Williams did with it.