Favorite JW composed source cue?

karelm

1 hour ago, karelm said:

By the way, I'm really loving Crystal Skull OST which I haven't heard in years.  Check out this gem, did our Johnny really write this (@1:12) ???

Great choice! Yeah, as far as we know he wrote it as a homage to a similar piece from Steiner's Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Obviously Cantina Band are the best source cues he composed, closely followed by Double Trouble, Mr. DNA, the Pankot Palace and Fluffy's Harp theme.

He did so many great source music in those too:

• Superman with Luthor's Luau
  • Hook with When You Are Alone
  • Home Alone with Star of Bethlehem
  • Jaws with his Marching Band
  • The Fury with More Bubble Gum
  • Tintin with Presenting Bianca Castafiore
  • The Post with The Oak Room, 1971
  • The Terminal with The Krakoziah Anthem
  • Memoirs of a Geisha with the Dance scene (don't recall the name of the cue though)

20 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

The Post with The Oak Room, 1971

Love that!

And Two Martini Lunch too!

Although there's no evidence of them being source music, I think it's one of those instances where the tracks are so different from the rest of the score, and the narrative setting is slightly different, that we have to assume they're taking place in the filmic world.

I have always been rather partial to the (still unreleased :() source cue which plays in the pool hall in Earthquake, heard from about 1:50 in this clip.  Check out that Hammond organ.  I think it's beautiful!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  John Williams must be forced - at the point of a pool cue, if necessary - to compile his 1970s source music cues from the likes of The Eiger Sanction, Earthquake, Cinderella Liberty, The Fury, Superman and others into a lavish double CD groove fest.

4 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

@karelm, it's called "Eleventh Commandment" :)

That reminded me of this for some reason...

4 hours ago, Omen II said:

I have always been rather partial to the (still unreleased :() source cue which plays in the pool hall in Earthquake, heard from about 1:50 in this clip.  Check out that Hammond organ.  I think it's beautiful!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  John Williams must be forced - at the point of a pool cue, if necessary - to compile his 1970s source music cues from the likes of The Eiger Sanction, Earthquake, Cinderella Liberty, The Fury, Superman and others into a lavish double CD groove fest.

That's groovy man, just groovy.

1 hour ago, karelm said:

An interesting choice.  That's sort of a hybrid score-source.  The pirates are singing but the orchestra is score.

It's so catchy and unique!

20 hours ago, ConorPower said:

Love that!

And Two Martini Lunch too!

Although there's no evidence of them being source music, I think it's one of those instances where the tracks are so different from the rest of the score, and the narrative setting is slightly different, that we have to assume they're taking place in the filmic world.

One of those cues don't play in the background of the scene at a restaurant where Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks meet to talk about the paper?