Richard Snodgrass - "Composer assistant" on Star Wars?

enderdrag64

I was editing the Wookieepedia page on the original Star Wars film just now in order to add some missing music department credits for the missing additional orchestrators (Arthur Morton and Angela Morley) and for Alan Snelling, when I noticed a credit for "Composer assistant" given to someone named "Richard Snodgrass". I've been looking the name up in conjunction with Star Wars and I can't find anything at all about it. The only two things that come up are the wookieepedia page and this imdb link (https://m.imdb.com/name/nm9015816/filmotype/music_department). Given what I know about John Williams, the fact that the Wookieepedia credit has no source, and that there's no information at all about this person online, I want to call bullshit on this.

Has anyone on this forum ever heard of such a person, or am I correct in thinking this is inaccurate information?

Okay it is definitely bullshit. I found there's more to the imdb page, this is from his supposed bio:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9015816/bio

"Richard Scott Snodgrass was born in Everett, Massachusetts in August of 1959. His family resided in Braintree, MA., where he attended elementary, junior and senior high school. He excelled at music and sports and was awarded an honorary doctorate in music at the age of 12. He went on tour with James Taylor's musical troupe all the way to the Hollywood Bowl in California where he suffered an asphyxia episode resulting in the termination of his tour performances. He went back home to Braintree and recovered. He focused mostly on sports-baseball and golf rather than his music. At an early age he was told he was related to JFK and Marilyn Monroe, though he never had a blood test. He did recall sitting with JFK in Hyannis Port and a White House visit. He still worked on music though, and in 1979 he took a few classes, studied with Caroline Kennedy, and wrote his thesis for his music doctorate. He bounced around playing college and professional sports and music professionally with J. Geils, Boston, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and several other bands as a lead and back-up singer and voice over talent. He was in a severe car accident in 1981. Two tortures in 1985 and 1989 took their toll on him, as did a terrible concussion received in a fight with five men in 1987. He struggled with PTS and TBI since then but has recently recovered to the point of wanting to rekindle his music and entertainment career."

During his government service Rich went on several missions as a covert op and pilot. Synopsis' of the two missions can be found on Twitter at #TheGauntletVector and #TheSniperFiles (Latest). He also guarded Sen. Edward Kennedy and President Ronald Reagan for the US Secret Service. He took two bullets when Hinckley tried to assassinate the president in March of 1981.

#TheGauntletVector mission involved mapping the western flank of the Soviet Union in 1980. #TheSniperFiles mission involved rescuing POW/MIA's from torture and cannibalism in SE Asia in 1979. There were other missions all over the globe which were considered black or special ops, some call them NOCs missions. They were over 35 years ago and now protected by the FOIA.

He was Madonna's #TrueBlue. In 1979, Rick Dees and Rich Snodgrass performed at Studio 54 in NYC. After the show they wandered around the club and happened to go down into the basement area. They heard a girl screaming at the top of her lungs. They broke through the door and found three men torturing a girl. They disposed of the men and took the girl home. Dees left, but Dick Snodgrass stayed with Mary Ciccione who was to become Madonna. They dated for about two weeks and during that time wrote the poem which became the hit True Blue.

9 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

Okay it is definitely bullshit. I found there's more to the imdb page, this is from his supposed bio:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9015816/bio

When a guy has the nickname Dick Baby, it's better than if he had the nickname Baby Dick. Probably Williams gives to the people jazzy names all the time.