Hommage to Artie Kane (1929-2022)

Bespin

I became aware of his legendary name when I read that he had to conduct some sessions for John Williams during JURASSIC PARK because Williams had some back issue and had to rest.

RIP.

I think people need to learn more about Artie Kane.

This shadow worker, this magician was involed as a pianist, score copist, arranger and conductor on SO MANY scores since the 60s, and for SO MANY composers.

A page of film music history is being turned.

I think the best place to actually see all his "credits" on film scores is Discogs.

Then Imdb seems to patch some wholes too.

Just to name a few scores he was involved in... Well... It will make a great playlist for today.

PrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimaryPrimary

He conducted a lot of great scores during the 90s, not only Jurassic Park but also a lot of stuff from Elfman and JNH.

However, during the 2000s, they stopped working with him and instead chose Pete Anthony to conduct their scores. I don't know why... Maybe Artie retired?

20 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Rip

whoah i knew he was married to joan kane , but he married 7 times prior, or so it says in the article

He was a piano player.

It comes with the territory! 😉

RIP, and because it fits the hot day i'm going to enjoy his appropriately aggressive low-end piano playing on this appropriately aggressive western score.