Indy 5 to begin recording Tuesday morning!

rpvee

In a few ways, probably, yeah. 

The other thing is that the movie was supposed to come out this summer, anyway, and only got moved to 2023 toward the end of filming. And that was apparently a Disney release date shuffle not related to their progress or lack of progress on the movie. I think they could have theoretically finished this summer. So they're probably taking the luxury of a little more time but still just moving along. 

On 30/6/2022 at 6:10 PM, Tom said:

Do we have concrete evidence that this is what the sessions are for or just pure speculation? 

It isn’t pure speculation but I am fairly confident that these sessions were demos only. There were only three days of sessions and you typically need far more than that for a score of this size. 

4 hours ago, D_nev said:

It isn’t pure speculation but I am fairly confident that these sessions were demos only. There were only three days of sessions and you typically need far more than that for a score of this size. 

The sequel trilogy was recorded in staggered batches like that. I doubt Williams could conduct an entire action score in the compressed timeline he used to.

The breaks between sessions give him a chance to recover and continue writing (and make whatever revisions Mangold asked for). 

I think Jay's analysis is 100% correct.  I also think this process requires a director with a solid vision and discipline, which I think Indy has in this case.  I do not think Lucas or JJ could leave a film sitting on a hard-drive for months and months and not mess with it.  

2 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Did they plan to use a Dolorean to achieve this miracle ;)

Back to the Future theme park in Westworld season 5 confirmed!

Jay's post is spot-on. The contracts and schedules for film crews are as numerous as they are complicated. Many people working on the film likely have work lined up for months or even years down the track, and it wouldn't make financial sense for Disney to retain their services for any longer than they were initially contracted for. Changing the scoring schedule would mean also having to pay out other post production crews for work they would lose as a result of changing the schedule, and while Disney is heavily insured for things like Ford's injury or a crew death it's still a financial hit that no business would want to take on. And then there's Williams himself, who is busier than ever with his own schedule to keep to. Keeping the production schedule tight and moving the film to next year makes the most sense for everyone involved.

5 hours ago, Brando said:

Oh wow, I had no idea a camera operator passed away. It says he passed away all of a sudden.

Didn’t realize how redundant my statement was earlier, I just hadn’t heard of a camera operator passing away during the shoot.

• 4 weeks later...

Potentially nothing or maybe a hint at some of the score's orchestration. George Doering (a guitarist) is now listed under the music section on IMDB.

Seems like he's become a regular on JW's recent scores, also working on Fabelmans, The Last Jedi and The Post.

Yes, there is guitar in The Last Jedi!

I don't think this is a spoiler, but one of the set photos is a big parade.  I really, really hope Williams taps into his late 70s/early 80s soul and gives us one more big parade-march piece.  

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't think this is a spoiler, but one of the set photos is a big parade.  I really, really hope Williams taps into his late 70s/early 80s soul and gives us one more big parade-march piece.  

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I could do without the bagpipes--they are killing my enthusiasm for big patriotic-type parade music.  

Indy's dad was Scottish?

When do bagpipes go on parade together with stars & stripes? Is this some kind of post WWII thingy?

King Mark had a thread about instruments one does not like in a score.  Not sure if mentioned it there (too lazy to check), but bagpipes are high on my list.  

Just now, Tom said:

King Mark had a thread about instruments one does not like in a score.  Not sure if mentioned it there (too lazy to check), but bagpipes are high on my list.  

agreed. cause they always sound the same! :lol:

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Potentially nothing or maybe a hint at some of the score's orchestration. George Doering (a guitarist) is now listed under the music section on IMDB.

Seems like he's become a regular on JW's recent scores, also working on Fabelmans, The Last Jedi and The Post.

Yes, there is guitar in The Last Jedi!

Antonio banderas is in it playing an italian or a spaniard, Mediterranian anyway. There you have your guitar.

8 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Antonio banderas is in it playing an italian or a spaniard, Mediterranian anyway. There you have your guitar.

Hollywood and its stereotypes.   

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

And Lincoln, Tintin, Prisoner of Azkaban, Chamber of Secrets, The Patriot, The Phantom Menace, Sleepers, Amistad, Jurassic Park and even Close Encounters according to IMBD, as well as practically every movie released since 1977!

More about him here. His name is kind of familiar although perhaps because his name is similiar to composer George Duning?

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Hollywood and its stereotypes.   

Par the course for orchestration in the Indy films though.

If a big chunk of the film takes place in the Mediterranean, guitar could be used quite liberally.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Par the course for orchestration in the Indy films though.

If a big chunk of the film takes place in the Mediterranean, guitar could be used quite liberally.

Just a joke. 

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m craving an update on this score… anything

Me too…

But for now, we can only continue speculating.

I’m taking it for granted that the Nazis will have a theme in this movie. So here’s a question for y’all: Will JW bring back the Nazi theme from Raiders, will he bring back the Nazi theme from Last Crusade, or will he compose a brand new Nazi theme just for this movie?